Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HAPPY “4-OMG No-Name Teri is 40” BIRTHDAY No-Name Teri!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private William H. Folly (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from August to October 1868, in Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in scouts and actions against Indians.

Private Nicholas Foran (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from August to October 1868, in Arizona. His citation reads:

Bravery in scouts and actions against Indians.

Seaman Andrew P. Forbeck (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 16, 1900, at Katbalogan, Samar, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

For distinguished conduct in the presence of the enemy during the battle of Katbalogan, Samar, Philippine Islands, 16 July 1900.


Wow, this day kind of snuck up on me. I feel bad because I don’t really have anything prepared but I’ll try to throw something together as best I can. Anyway, I’m not sure if you can tell or not but No-Name Teri has a special birthday today. So, let us now take a look at 40 things about No-Name Teri and the times in which she was born…

1 – People still lived in the old slave houses on the McLeod Plantation on James Island when No-Name Teri was born.

2 – She was Mom and Dad’s only daughter (and MaMa and Da’s only granddaughter).

3 – She’s the favorite “Horres” Niece for all of her aunts and uncles.

4 – She worked in the church daycare when she was in high school.

5 – She had a stuffed dog in overalls named Bo Bo.

6 – She was voted most likely to believe anything I told her.

7 – She was active in the choir and youth group at Ashley River Baptist Church.

8 – I shared a room with her off and on when I was little until Sonny moved into his new room (which had been the garage… and which now doesn’t exist). Anyway, I’d sleep in a sleeping bag on her floor. At some point during the night I would either roll under her bed or she’d push me under there (I’ve heard it both ways) so that when I’d wake up in the morning I would sit up and bang my head on the bottom of her bed.

9 – She was Miss Congeniality in the 1990 JIHS Beauty Pageant.

10 – She was in a number of plays/musicals while in middle school and high school.

11 – She cried when she found out she had a little brother and not a little sister. No, I’m not making that up.

12 – She graduated from Clemson University… because, I assume, she couldn’t get into Winthrop University.

13 – On the day No-Name Teri was born, Ceylon became the Republic of Sri Lanka when its constitution was ratified.

14 – Also on the day No-Name Teri was born, President Richard Nixon became the first US President to visit Moscow.

15 – She claims she and Sonny get along just fine (despite what I say on here). To “prove” this, she called him and invited him to a pool party. I feel I must point out this would not have happened had I not first said something on here about the two of them. Yep… just call me the puppet master.

16 – America was still fighting in Vietnam when No-Name Teri was born.

17 – When she was born, The Godfather was still in theaters.

18 – J. Edgar Hoover died just a few weeks before she was born.

19 – Dwayne Johnson (aka, The Rock) was born just a few weeks before No-Name Teri.

20 – The LA Lakers won their first NBA title since moving from Minneapolis, just a couple of weeks before she was born.

21 – Alabama Governor and Presidential candidate George C. Wallace was shot five times just one week before No-Name Teri was born.

22 – The National Eagle Scout Association was created by Boy Scouts of America just days before No-Name Teri was born.

23 – Christopher Wallace (aka, The Notorious B.I.G.) was born a day before No-Name Teri.

24 – Two historic nuclear arms control agreements (SALT I treaty and ABM treaty) were signed the same week No-Name Teri was born.

25 – A team associated with the Committee to Re-Elect the President made its first attempt at wiretapping the Democratic National Committee headquarters in a little place known as the Watergate complex the same week No-Name Teri was born.

26 – Clemson beat South Carolina in football the year No-Name Teri was born. Interesting stat – Of Mom of Dad’s 3 children, No-Name Teri was the only one born the same year as a Clemson win over the Revolutionary War Heroes in football. So she’s got that going for her… which is nice.

27 – Bob Douglas became the first African American elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame the same year No-Name Teri was born.

28 – Sculpted figures of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson were completed on Stone Mountain, Georgia just a couple of months before No-Name Teri was born.

29 – Okinawa was returned to Japan the same year No-Name Teri was born.

30 – Jane Fonda went over to North Vietnam the year No-Name Teri was born… unfortunately, she came back.

31 – Surprisingly, the 1972 Summer Olympics were held the same year No-Name Teri was born. The ’72 Summer Olympics included 11 Israeli athletes being killed and the US basketball team getting screwed out of the gold medal. The US team has never (and, I hope, will never) accepted the silver medals. Israel eventually killed everyone involved in the “Munich Massacre”… it took them years to get to some of the people, but they got them all.

32 – The first episode of The Price is Right was hosted on CBS by Bob Barker months after No-Name Teri was born.

33 – Atari kicked off the first generation of video games the year No-Name Teri was born when they released Pong.

34 – The last man to walk on the moon (Eugene Cernan) did so the year No-Name Teri was born.

35 – Former President Harry S. Truman and baseball legend Roberto Clemente both die the year No-Name Teri was born.

36 – The #1 song the year No-Name Teri was born was Don McLean’s American Pie

37 – When she was little, she’d leave her friends outside playing while she’d go inside and lay down to rest.

38 – Her nickname on here was once Doubting Teri because when I called her to tell her the good news that The Wife was pregnant with Baby #3 (later named Daniel), she did not believe me. Ironically, that was one of the rare times she didn’t believe me when I told her something (see #6). Talk about bad luck for her…

39 – She complained so much about that nickname that I retired it and started calling her No-Name Teri.

40 – She asked me for a new nickname and since today is a big day for her, I agreed. I even told her she could pick the name and she said something dumb like “How about ‘Cool Teri’”. Yeah, this ain’t a fantasy blog. I at least try to keep it real on here. So I told her she wasn’t allowed to pick her own nickname. But I did tell her I wouldn’t give her a mean nickname or anything like that (which eliminated my first choice of “Holy Crap, Teri is 40!”… honestly I guess that would have only worked for a year, so it’s probably best I not use it). Anyway, after giving it much thought and consideration I have decided on a new nickname for Doubting… er… No-Name Teri. From this day forward let it be known to all my followers from China to England and all lands in between and all around that my one and only sister shall henceforth and hereafter forever be known on here as… wait for it… wait for iiiiiiiiittttttt… Teresa Lynn. I know you want to know how I came up with such an original nickname, but I just don’t have time right now to explain it. Maybe later (though I doubt it). Just know that we at I’m just sayin… wish Teresa Lynn a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Teresa Lynn’s Top 5 Movies

5. Remember the Titans

4. The Princess Bride

3. While You Were Sleeping

2. Christmas Vacation

1. Facing the Giants

Now let’s get back to the The I’m just sayin… Top 2,613 Movies of All-Time Countdown
Note: You’re probably going to start seeing more and more quotes on here as the movies get better and better. I hope you like them… and if you don’t, I hope you know better than to complain about them being on here.

400 The Rock
Michael Bay
Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, Ed Harris
1996
John Mason: "I'm fed up saving your ass. I'm amazed you ever got past puberty".

399 GoldenEye
Martin Campbell
Pierce Brosnan
1995
James Bond: "Bond, James Bond"

398 The Postman Always Rings Twice
Tay Garnett
Lana Turner, John Garfield
1946

397 They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!
Gordon Douglas
Sidney Poitier, Martin Landau, Barbara McNair
1970

396 The Dark Knight
Christopher Nolan
Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Michael Hall, Eric Roberts
2008

395 Sherlock Holmes
Guy Ritchie
Robert Downey, Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong
2009

394 Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
Bill Duke
Whoopi Goldberg, Kathy Najimy, James Coburn
1993

393 Romancing the Stone
Robert Zemeckis
Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, Danny DeVito
1984

392 Tommy Boy
Peter Segal
Chris Farley, David Spade, Brian Dennehy, Bo Derek
1995
Tommy: "Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting".
Ted Nelson, Customer: "Go on, I'm listening".
Tommy: "Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside".
Ted Nelson, Customer: "Yeah, makes a man feel good".
Tommy: "'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?"
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] "What's your point?"
Tommy: "The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? 'Build model airplanes' says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times".
Ted Nelson, Customer: "But why do they put a guarantee on the box?"
Tommy: "Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me".
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] "Okay, I'll buy from you".
Tommy: "Well, that's..."
Tommy, Richard Hayden: "...What?"

391 Radio
Mike Tollin
Ed Harris, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Debra Winger
2003

390 Twelve O'Clock High
Henry King
Gregory Peck, Gary Merrill, Dean Jagger
1949

389 Mary Poppins
Robert Stevenson
Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke
1964

388 WarGames
John Badham
Matthew Broderick, Dabney Coleman, Ally Sheedy, John Wood
1983
Joshua: "Shall we play a game?"

387 The Wedding Date
Clare Kilner
Debra Messing, Dermot Mulroney
2005

386 The Oklahoma Kid
Lloyd Bacon
James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, Rosemary Lane, Donald Crisp
1939

385 A Few Good Men
Rob Reiner
Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Jack Nicholson, Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, J.T. Walsh, Kevin Pollak, James Marshall, Wolfgang Bodison, Cuba Gooding, Jr.
1992
Kaffee: "Colonel Jessep, did you order the Code Red?"
Judge Randolph: "You *don't* have to answer that question!"
Col. Jessep: "I'll answer the question!"
[to Kaffee]
Col. Jessep: "You want answers?"
Kaffee: "I think I'm entitled to".
Col. Jessep: "You want answers?!"
Kaffee: "I want the truth!"
Col. Jessep: "You can't handle the truth!"
[pauses]
Col. Jessep: "Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to".
Kaffee: "Did you order the Code Red?"
Col. Jessep: "I did the job I..."
Kaffee: "Did you order the Code Red?!"
Col. Jessep: "You're Goddamn right I did!"

384 Black Sheep
Penelope Spheeris
Chris Farley, David Spade, Gary Busey, Tim Matheson
1996
[phoning citizens in an attempt to secure votes]
Mike: "Hi there, this is Mike Donnelly. I work over here at the recreational center. To be honest with you I pretty much run the place ha, ha, ha. Is this ah Pat Gyles? Good, Good. Hey, hope everything's going great in your fine town of er Avery? Edward! Ha, ha, ha. Say, the reason I'm calling is I wanted to tell you a little bit about the candidacy of Al Donnelly. Al Donnelly's a guy with a dream. His dream is to become governor of this great state of Washington. Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I doozy myself last night. Ha ha, ha, ha. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck! Now, I don't know ha, ha, ha. Are you crying? Oh my lord. I am sorry honey, please don't ! Could you get your daddy on the phone. No, don't hang up please I..."
[phone hangs up]

383 Independence Day
Roland Emmerich
Will Smith, Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Mary McDonnell, Margaret Colin, Judd Hirsch, Randy Quaid, Robert Loggia, James Rebhorn, Harvey Fierstein, Vivica A. Fox, Harry Connick, Jr.
1996

382 Juno
Jason Reitman
Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Allison Janney, J. K. Simmons, Olivia Wilde
2007

381 A League of Their Own
Penny Marshall
Geena Davis, Tom Hanks, Madonna, Lori Petty, Rosie O'Donnell, David Strathairn, Jon Lovitz, Garry Marshall, Bill Pullman, Bitty Schram, Megan Cavanagh, Janet Jones
1992
Jimmy Dugan: "Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?"
Evelyn Gardner: "Well, I'm a Peach".
Jimmy Dugan: "Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass".
[Evelyn starts to cry]
Jimmy Dugan: "Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
Doris Murphy: "Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy..."
Jimmy Dugan: "Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?"
Evelyn Gardner: "No, no, no".
Jimmy Dugan: "Yeah! NO. And do you know why?"
Evelyn Gardner: "No..."
Jimmy Dugan: "Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!"

380 American Pie
Paul Weitz, Chris Weitz
Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott, Tara Reid, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Klein, Alyson Hannigan, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Mena Suvari, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Natasha Lyonne, Jennifer Coolidge, Eugene Levy
1999

379 Breakfast Club, The
John Hughes
Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Paul Gleason, John Kapelos
1985
Brian Johnson: "Saturday, March 24,1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois, 60062. Dear Mr. Vernon, We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did *was* wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7:00 this morning. We were brainwashed".

378 Deep Cover
Bill Duke
Laurence Fishburne, Jeff Goldblum, Clarence Williams III
1992

377 Happy Gilmore
Dennis Dugan
Adam Sandler, Julie Bowen, Christopher McDonald
1996
Happy Gilmore: [to Bob Barker] "The price is wrong, bitch".

376 Air Force One
Wolfgang Petersen
Harrison Ford, Glenn Close, Gary Oldman
1997
President James Marshall: "Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice".

375 Cahill U.S. Marshal
Andrew V. McLaglen
John Wayne, Gary Grimes, George Kennedy
1973

374 Charlie Wilson's War
Mike Nichols
Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman
2007

373 Clear and Present Danger
Phillip Noyce
Harrison Ford, Willem Dafoe, Anne Archer, James Earl Jones, Donald Moffat, Harris Yulin, Joaquim de Almeida
1994

372 Cocktail
Roger Donaldson
Tom Cruise, Bryan Brown, Elisabeth Shue
1988

371 Elf
Jon Favreau
Will Ferrell, James Caan, Zooey Deschanel, Mary Steenburgen, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner
2003

370 Friday
F. Gary Gray
Ice Cube, Chris Tucker
1995
Mr. Jones: "Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the goddamn refrigerator. Eatin' up all the food. All the chitlins... All the pig's feet... All the collard greens... All the hog maws. I wanna eat them chitlins... I like pigs feet".

369 Falcon and the Snowman, The
John Schlesinger
Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn
1985

368 Planes, Trains & Automobiles
John Hughes
Steve Martin, John Candy
1987

367 Hot Shots!
Jim Abrahams
Charlie Sheen, Cary Elwes, Valeria Golino, Lloyd Bridges, Jon Cryer
1991

366 Last Dragon, The
Michael Schultz
Taimak, Julius Carry, Christopher Murney
1985
Sho'nuff: "Now, when I say, 'Who's da mastah?' you say, 'Sho'nuff!'"
Sho'nuff: "Alright, Leroy, who is the one and only master?"
Leroy Green: "I am".

365 Let's Do It Again
Sidney Poitier
Sidney Poitier, Bill Cosby, Ossie Davis
1975

364 Night at the Museum
Shawn Levy
Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, Carla Gugino, Jake Cherry
2006

363 Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Kevin Reynolds
Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Alan Rickman, Christian Slater
1991

362 Remember the Titans
Boaz Yakin
Denzel Washington, Will Patton
2000

361 Something's Got to Give
George Cukor
Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin
1962

360 Tangled
Byron Howard, Nathan Greno
Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy, Brad Garrett, Ron Perlman, M. C. Gainey, Jeffrey Tambor, Peter Sallis, Paul F. Tompkins
2010

359 The Firm
Sydney Pollack
Tom Cruise, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Holly Hunter, David Strathairn, Wilford Brimley, Gary Busey
1993

358 The American President
Rob Reiner
Michael Douglas, Annette Bening, Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox, Samantha Mathis, Richard Dreyfuss
1995
[Looking through Andrew Shepherd's college transcript]
Sydney Ellen Wade: "Oh, Andy, a C minus in Women's Studies".
President Andrew Shepherd: "Yeah, well, that class wasn't about what I thought it was about".

Lewis Rothschild: "Can I just state very clearly I can't be part of anything illegal".
A.J.: "Good for you, Lewis".
Lewis Rothschild: "You can say what you want. It's always the guy in my job that ends up doing 18 months in Danbury minimum security prison".

Lewis Rothschild: "Who're we calling, sir?"
President Andrew Shepherd: "I'm calling the Organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second".

President Andrew Shepherd: "You're attracted to me, but the idea of physical intimacy is uncomfortable because you only know me as the President. But it's not always going to be that way, and the reason I know that is there was a moment last night when you were with ME, not the President. And I know what a big step that was for you. So, Sydney, I'm in no rush. Here's my plan. We're going to slow down, and when you're comfortable, that's when it's going to happen".
[Sydney emerges from the bathroom wearing nothing but one of his shirts]
President Andrew Shepherd: "Perhaps I didn't properly explain the fundamentals of the slowdown plan".
Sydney Ellen Wade: [feeling the bed] "No, you explained it great".
President Andrew Shepherd: "Are you nervous?"
Sydney Ellen Wade: "No".
President Andrew Shepherd: "Good. My nervousness exists on... several levels. Number one, and this is in no particular order, I haven't done this in a pretty long time. Number two, uh, any expectations that you might have, given the fact that I'm... you know..."
Sydney Ellen Wade: [approaching seductively] "The most powerful man in the world?"
President Andrew Shepherd: "Exactly, thank you. I think it's important you remember that's a political distinction that comes with the office. I mean, if, uh, Eisenhower were here instead of me, he'd be dead by now... and number three..."
Sydney Ellen Wade: "Andy..."
[she kisses him]

President Andrew Shepherd: "For the last couple of months, Senator Rumson has suggested that being president of this country was, to a certain extent, about character, and although I have not been willing to engage in his attacks on me, I've been here three years and three days, and I can tell you without hesitation: Being President of this country is entirely about character. For the record: yes, I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU. But the more important question is why aren't you, Bob? Now, this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, so it naturally begs the question: Why would a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the Constitution? If you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago. America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say 'You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest.' Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the 'land of the free'. I've known Bob Rumson for years, and I've been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. Bob's problem is that he can't sell it! We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character. And wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism and you tell them, she's to blame for their lot in life, and you go on television and you call her a whore. Sydney Ellen Wade has done nothing to you, Bob. She has done nothing but put herself through school, represent the interests of public school teachers, and lobby for the safety of our natural resources. You want a character debate, Bob? You better stick with me, 'cause Sydney Ellen Wade is way out of your league".
[pauses]
President Andrew Shepherd: "I've loved two women in my life. I lost one to cancer, and I lost the other 'cause I was so busy keeping my job I forgot to do my job. Well, that ends right now. Tomorrow morning, the White House is sending a bill to Congress for its consideration. It's White House Resolution 455, an energy bill requiring a 20 percent reduction of the emission of fossil fuels over the next ten years. It is by far the most aggressive stride ever taken in the fight to reverse the effects of global warming. The other piece of legislation is the crime bill. As of today, it no longer exists. I'm throwing it out. I'm throwing it out writing a law that makes sense. You cannot address crime prevention without getting rid of assault weapons and handguns. I consider them a threat to national security, and I will go door to door if I have to, but I'm gonna convince Americans that I'm right, and I'm gonna get the guns. We've got serious problems, and we need serious people, and if you want to talk about character, Bob, you'd better come at me with more than a burning flag and a membership card. If you want to talk about character and American values, fine. Just tell me where and when, and I'll show up. This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up. My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I *am* the President".

A. J. MacInerney: "Excuse me, sir, where are you going?"
President Andrew Shepherd: "I'm going over to her house. I'm going to stand outside her door until she let's me in, and I'm not leaving 'til I get her back".
A. J. MacInerney: "How are you going to do that, sir?"
President Andrew Shepherd: "Well, I haven't worked that out yet, but I'm sure groveling will be involved".

357 The Bourne Ultimatum
Paul Greengrass
Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, David Strathairn, Scott Glenn, Joan Allen
2007

356 The Enforcer
James Fargo
Clint Eastwood, Tyne Daly, Bradford Dillman
1976
Harry Callahan: "What about that punk?"
Lt. Al Bressler: "You mean the suspect?"
Harry Callahan: "Suspect my ass!"

355 The Bourne Supremacy
Paul Greengrass
Matt Damon, Joan Allen, Brian Cox, Julia Stiles
2004

354 Teen Wolf
Rod Daniel
Michael J. Fox, Susan Ursitti, Jay Tarses
1985

353 Sister Act
Emile Ardolino
Whoopi Goldberg
1992

352 National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Jon Turteltaub
Nicolas Cage, Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Justin Bartha, Helen Mirren
2007

351 Patriot Games
Phillip Noyce
Harrison Ford, Anne Archer, Sean Bean, James Earl Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Patrick Bergin, Richard Harris, Thora Birch
1992


Picture Tuesday
Our picture section today is dedicated to Teresa Lynn. We’ve got 40 pics of her over the years. Some of the pics will also have me in them… those are the best. Some will also have Sonny in them. I’m not one to talk trash, but I’m sure you’ll notice one of us got along better with the camera than the other two. On the off chance that you don’t notice, I look a lot better in these pictures than the other two. For Teresa Lynn, a lot of it was just being born in the wrong decade… her choices in clothes and hair style did not help her when it came time to take pictures. Sonny just looks like he got hit by the ugly bus… then the driver got out and beat him with the ugly stick. I’m being nice here, so I won’t say anymore… but I’m sure you’ll see what I’m talking about. To be fair, both have seemed to age well. Sonny grew facial hair and cut his hair (the best move he could have made) and Teresa Lynn has been able to find clothes and a hair style that don’t make you go “Whoa!!” Best of all, I still look good in a picture… there’s just more of me to look at now. :)

Sonny, Me, and Teresa Lynn... Not the worst of pictures for Sonny and Teresa Lynn, but I was still the star of this picture.

This was in the newspaper way back when.  You'll notice who is helping Mom while the other two slackers just try to get in the paper.

Mom, Dad, Sonny and Teresa Lynn... Look at how unhappy they are without me.

One of Teresa Lynn's school pictures.

Another school picture.

Me, Sonny, Teresa Lynn, Granny, and our cousins Susan and Louis - One Easter Sunday at Aunt Sister's house.

"Dear Santa, We asked for a little brother!  What the heck is this stuff?!" - Again, look at how unhappy young Sonny and Teresa Lynn were without me.

Like you, I can't imagine how my family made it so long without me.  Look at the pain on their faces!

In Aunt Sister's backyard... Sonny, me, Louis and Teresa Lynn.

Teresa Lynn, Susan and our Cousin Jane at Aunt Sister's house.

Teresa Lynn all alone in Aunt Sister's backyard

Teresa Lynn, Me, Louis (and I think Alan in the very back) - My birthday at Mom and Dad's house... Not 100% sure what year.

Alan, Louis, Susan, Me, Teresa Lynn, Sonny and Granny

Teresa Lynn, MaMa and Mom

Aunt Yvonne, Susan and Teresa Lynn

Me, Teresa Lynn and Sonny... note the shag carpet... that's what I'm talking about.

Me, Sonny, Mom, Teresa Lynn and Dad - One Easter Sunday at Aunt Sister's house

Family church picture... see what I was saying about Sonny?

For once, a picture I don't have to carry on my own... Cougar (wife of Sonny), Sonny, Me, Dad, The Wife, Mom, Teresa Lynn and Brent

Chandler, Teressa Lynn, Jane and Sally - It looks too cold to be Labor Day, so I'm guessing this was at a wedding.

Dad, Mom, Me, Teresa Lynn and Brent

Our cousin Mary Beth, Mom, Susan and Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn with a baby.  Not 100% sure who the baby is.  It could be me, but she's smiling so I'm not sure.  Based on where her head is cut-off, I assume my Aunt Yvonne took this picture... so that could be my cousin Louis.  Then again, that seems to be a big baby with darker skin... which would mean me again.  So my best guess is it's either me or Louis.

My goodness, you could cut the tension with a knife... Sonny (again, see what I mean?) and Teresa Lynn before Sonny's wedding.

The 3 of us the morning of Sonny's wedding.

Teresa Lynn, Mom, Granny and Aunt Yvonne

Cougar and Teresa Lynn before the wedding.

Look! Another Christmas without a little brother!  She looks so sad...

Again, see what I mean about Sonny?  It took 23 years for my parents to have a picture of their children that they could be proud of.  You'll have to excuse me if my smile looks a little forced... it was The Wife's wedding day.

Teresa Lynn... ready to go out on a Friday night.  Haha... just kidding, I'm not sure when this was taken.

School picture in high school?

"Oh boy! Is this my little brother!" - Teresa Lynn about to open a gift at MaMa and Da's house.

Christmas at MaMa and Da's... with Cousin Scott in the background.

Mom and Teresa Lynn

The family without Sonny for Mom's birthday... Not sure what year... maybe 40?  Or was it a 30-something birthday?  Chances are good that Mom (in this picture) is either the same age as Teresa Lynn now or younger.

Teresa Lynn and Brent... if I had realized Brent was in so many of these pics, I would have tried to think of a nickname for him.

Brent, Cougar, The Wife, Teresa Lynn, Dad, Me and Sonny

Me and Teresa Lynn after I graduated from CSU with my MBA.

MaMa, Teresa Lynn and Mom

The Whole Horres/Stone Family: (sitting: Meredith, Mom, Dad, Daniel, Austin; standing: Ansley, Leah, Allison, Sonny, Brent, Cougar, Teresa Lynn, Me, Susie, The Wife and Mary Ruth)



No comments:

Post a Comment