Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, May 22, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERESA LYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to wish Teresa Lynn a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope she is still recovering from her surgery. Even more importantly, I hope she is recovering from Leah’s up-coming graduation.

The I’m just sayin… Top 2,982 Movies of All-Time Countdown


465 Back to School
Alan Metter
Rodney Dangerfield, Sally Kellerman, Keith Gordon, Robert Downey, Jr.
1986

464 Blue Chips
William Friedkin
Nick Nolte, Mary McDonnell, Shaquille O'Neal
1994

463 Psycho
Alfred Hitchcock
Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles, John Gavin
1960

462 Love & Mercy
Bill Pohlad
John Cusack, Paul Dano, Elizabeth Banks, Paul Giamatti
2014

461 The Founder
John Lee Hancock
Michael Keaton, Laura Dern, Nick Offerman, John Carroll Lynch, Patrick Wilson
2016

460 Outbreak
Wolfgang Petersen
Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Morgan Freeman, Donald Sutherland, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Kevin Spacey, Patrick Dempsey
1995

459 Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Robert Wise
William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Persis Khambatta, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei
1979

458 The Sting
George Roy Hill
Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Robert Shaw, Eileen Brennan, Ray Walston, Jack Kehoe, Charles Durning, Dana Elcar, Harold Gould
1973

457 Terminator Salvation
McG
Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Moon Bloodgood, Bryce Dallas Howard, Common, Jadagrace Berry, Helena Bonham Carter, Jane Alexander
2009

456 Risky Business
Paul Brickman
Tom Cruise, Rebecca De Mornay, Richard Masur, Joe Pantoliano, Curtis Armstrong, Bronson Pinchot
1983
Joel Goodson: You didn't tell anyone did ya?
Miles: No...Glen knows.
Joel Goodson: What about Barry?
Miles: He knows too.
Joel Goodson: Okay. Just don't tell anyone.

Joel Goodson: You know, Bill, there's one thing I learned in all my years. Sometimes you just gotta say, 'What the f--k, make your move.'

455 Frequency
Gregory Hoblit
Dennis Quaid, James Caviezel
2000

454 Soul Men
Malcolm D. Lee
Samuel L. Jackson, Bernie Mac
2008

453 Ransom
Ron Howard
Mel Gibson, Rene Russo, Gary Sinise, Delroy Lindo
1996
Tom Mullen: The whole world now knows... my son, Sean Mullen, was kidnapped, for ransom, three days ago. This is a recent photograph of him. Sean, if you're watching, we love you. And this... well, this is what waits for the man that took him. This is your ransom. Two million dollars in unmarked bills, just like you wanted. But this is as close as you'll ever get to it. You'll never see one dollar of this money, because no ransom will ever be paid for my son. Not one dime, not one penny. Instead, I'm offering this money as a reward on your head. Dead or alive, it doesn't matter. So congratulations, you've just become a two million dollar lottery ticket... except the odds are much, much better. Do you know anyone that wouldn't turn you in for two million dollars? I don't think you do. I doubt it. So wherever you go and whatever you do, this money will be tracking you down for all time. And to ensure that it does, to keep interest alive, I'm running a full-page ad in every major newspaper every Sunday... for as long as it takes. But... and this is your last chance... you return my son, alive, uninjured, I'll withdraw the bounty. With any luck you can simply disappear. Understand... you will never see this money. Not one dollar. So you still have a chance to do the right thing. If you don't, well, then, God be with you, because nobody else on this Earth will be.

Tom Mullen: You kill him, you kill yourself, you motherf--ker! GIVE ME BACK MY SON!

452 The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Colin Higgins
Dolly Parton, Burt Reynolds, Charles Durning, Dom DeLuise
1982

451 Finding Forrester
Gus Van Sant
Sean Connery, Rob Brown, Anna Paquin
2000

450 Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Mel Brooks
Cary Elwes, Isaac Hayes, Patrick Stewart, Amy Yasbeck, Dave Chappelle, Richard Lewis, Tracey Ullman, Roger Rees
1993

449 All the President's Men
Alan J. Pakula
Robert Redford, Dustin Hoffman, Jason Robards, Jack Warden, Hal Holbrook, Stephen Collins, Jane Alexander, Martin Balsam
1976

448 The Nice Guys
Shane Black
Russell Crowe, Ryan Gosling, Angourie Rice, Matt Bomer, Margaret Qualley, Keith David, Kim Basinger
2016

447 Superman II
Richard Lester
Gene Hackman, Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas, Jack O'Halloran, Valerie Perrine
1980

446 The Sixth Sense
M. Night Shyamalan
Bruce Willis, Haley Joel Osment, Toni Collette, Donnie Wahlberg, Olivia Williams
1999

445 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Anthony Russo/Joe Russo
Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Robert Redford, Samuel L. Jackson
2014

444 The Patriot
Roland Emmerich
Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger
2000

443 Thelma & Louise
Ridley Scott
Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis, Harvey Keitel, Michael Madsen, Brad Pitt
1991

442 Guardians of the Galaxy
James Gunn
Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Peter Serafinowicz, Glenn Close, Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, Seth Green
2014

441 Get Hard
Etan Cohen
Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, Alison Brie, Craig T. Nelson, T.I.
2015

440 Dead Poets Society
Peter Weir
Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard, Ethan Hawke, Josh Charles
1989

439 It's a Wonderful World
W. S. Van Dyke
Claudette Colbert, James Stewart, Guy Kibbee, Nat Pendleton
1939

438 The Rock
Michael Bay
Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, Ed Harris
1996
John Mason: I'm fed up saving your ass. I'm amazed you ever got past puberty.

437 Ant-Man
Peyton Reed
Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Bobby Cannavale, Michael Peña, Tip "T.I." Harris, Anthony Mackie, Wood Harris, Judy Greer, David Dastmalchian, Michael Douglas
2015

436 GoldenEye
Martin Campbell
Pierce Brosnan
1995
James Bond: "Bond, James Bond"

435 Pain & Gain
Michael Bay
Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Ed Harris, Ken Jeong, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub, Rebel Wilson, Rob Corddry
2013

434 The Postman Always Rings Twice
Tay Garnett
Lana Turner, John Garfield
1946

433 They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!
Gordon Douglas
Sidney Poitier, Martin Landau, Barbara McNair
1970

432 The Dark Knight
Christopher Nolan
Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Michael Hall, Eric Roberts
2008

431 Sherlock Holmes
Guy Ritchie
Robert Downey, Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong
2009

430 Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit
Bill Duke
Whoopi Goldberg, Kathy Najimy, James Coburn
1993

429 Romancing the Stone
Robert Zemeckis
Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, Danny DeVito
1984
A word, if you'll allow me, on this movie (Romancing the Stone).  I remember watching it with my friend Dan when we were in pre-school.  I don't know how many times we watched it, but it seemed like a lot. Anyway, a few years ago I'm flipping through the TV guide on my TV and I see that it's on. I turn to it and start watching. I then grab my phone to shoot Dan a message on Facebook to let him know it's on.  Before I can send it, I get a message from HIM telling me it's on TV!  Ha! How great is that?! After 30 years we still share a memory related to this movie...

428 Tommy Boy
Peter Segal
Chris Farley, David Spade, Brian Dennehy, Bo Derek
1995
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well, that's...
Tommy, Richard Hayden: ...What?

427 Selma
Ava DuVernay
David Oyelowo, Tom Wilkinson, Common, Carmen Ejogo
2014

426 Radio
Mike Tollin
Ed Harris, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Debra Winger
2003

425 Twelve O'Clock High
Henry King
Gregory Peck, Gary Merrill, Dean Jagger
1949

424 Mary Poppins
Robert Stevenson
Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke
1964

423 WarGames
John Badham
Matthew Broderick, Dabney Coleman, Ally Sheedy, John Wood
1983
Joshua: Shall we play a game?

422 The Wedding Date
Clare Kilner
Debra Messing, Dermot Mulroney
2005

421 The Oklahoma Kid
Lloyd Bacon
James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, Rosemary Lane, Donald Crisp
1939

420 A Few Good Men
Rob Reiner
Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Jack Nicholson, Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, J.T. Walsh, Kevin Pollak, James Marshall, Wolfgang Bodison, Cuba Gooding, Jr.
1992
Kaffee: *Colonel Jessep, did you order the Code Red?*
Judge Randolph: You *don't* have to answer that question!
Col. Jessep: I'll answer the question!
[to Kaffee]
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.
Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*
Kaffee: *I want the truth!*
Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*
[pauses]
Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?
Col. Jessep: I did the job I...
Kaffee: *Did you order the Code Red?*
Col. Jessep: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

419 Black Sheep
Penelope Spheeris
Chris Farley, David Spade, Gary Busey, Tim Matheson
1996
[phoning citizens in an attempt to secure votes]
Mike: Hi there, this is Mike Donnelly. I work over here at the recreational center. To be honest with you I pretty much run the place ha, ha, ha. Is this ah Pat Gyles? Good, Good. Hey, hope everything's going great in your fine town of er Avery? Edward! Ha, ha, ha. Say, the reason I'm calling is I wanted to tell you a little bit about the candidacy of Al Donnelly. Al Donnelly's a guy with a dream. His dream is to become governor of this great state of Washington. Hell, every guy's got his dream, am I right? Between you, me and the wall here, I doozy myself last night. Ha ha, ha, ha. Get this: A corn-fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a Flemish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles yo-yo's, a circus midget. My grandmother riding by on a bicycle give me the finger, and a duck! Now, I don't know ha, ha, ha. Are you crying? Oh my lord. I am sorry honey, please don't ! Could you get your daddy on the phone. No, don't hang up please I...
[phone hangs up]

418 Independence Day
Roland Emmerich
Will Smith, Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Mary McDonnell, Margaret Colin, Judd Hirsch, Randy Quaid, Robert Loggia, James Rebhorn, Harvey Fierstein, Vivica A. Fox, Harry Connick, Jr.
1996

417 Juno
Jason Reitman
Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Allison Janney, J. K. Simmons, Olivia Wilde
2007

416 A League of Their Own
Penny Marshall
Geena Davis, Tom Hanks, Madonna, Lori Petty, Rosie O'Donnell, David Strathairn, Jon Lovitz, Garry Marshall, Bill Pullman, Bitty Schram, Megan Cavanagh, Janet Jones
1992
mmy Dugan: Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?
Evelyn Gardner: Well, I'm a Peach.
Jimmy Dugan: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass.
[Evelyn starts to cry]
Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!
Doris Murphy: Why don't you give her a break, Jimmy...
Jimmy Dugan: Oh, you zip it, Doris! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?
Evelyn Gardner: No, no, no.
Jimmy Dugan: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?
Evelyn Gardner: No...
Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying!

415 American Pie
Paul Weitz, Chris Weitz
Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott, Tara Reid, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Klein, Alyson Hannigan, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Mena Suvari, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Natasha Lyonne, Jennifer Coolidge, Eugene Levy
1999

414 Central Intelligence
Rawson Marshall Thurber
Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Amy Ryan, Aaron Paul
2016

413 Breakfast Club, The
John Hughes
Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Paul Gleason, John Kapelos
1985
Brian Johnson: Saturday, March 24,1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois, 60062. Dear Mr. Vernon, We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did *was* wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7:00 this morning. We were brainwashed.

412 Deep Cover
Bill Duke
Laurence Fishburne, Jeff Goldblum, Clarence Williams III
1992

411 Happy Gilmore
Dennis Dugan
Adam Sandler, Julie Bowen, Christopher McDonald
1996
Happy Gilmore: [to Bob Barker] The price is wrong, bitch.

410 Air Force One
Wolfgang Petersen
Harrison Ford, Glenn Close, Gary Oldman
1997
President James Marshall: Peace isn't merely the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

409 Cahill U.S. Marshal
Andrew V. McLaglen
John Wayne, Gary Grimes, George Kennedy
1973

408 Charlie Wilson's War
Mike Nichols
Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman
2007

407 Clear and Present Danger
Phillip Noyce
Harrison Ford, Willem Dafoe, Anne Archer, James Earl Jones, Donald Moffat, Harris Yulin, Joaquim de Almeida
1994

406 Cocktail
Roger Donaldson
Tom Cruise, Bryan Brown, Elisabeth Shue
1988

405 Elf
Jon Favreau
Will Ferrell, James Caan, Zooey Deschanel, Mary Steenburgen, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner
2003

404 Trumbo
Jay Roach
Bryan Cranston, Diane Lane, Helen Mirren, John Goodman, Elle Fanning, Louis C.K., Michael Stuhlbarg
2015

403 Friday
F. Gary Gray
Ice Cube, Chris Tucker
1995
Mr. Jones: Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the goddamn refrigerator. Eatin' up all the food. All the chitlins... All the pig's feet... All the collard greens... All the hog maws. I wanna eat them chitlins... I like pigs feet.

402 Falcon and the Snowman, The
John Schlesinger
Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn
1985

401 Planes, Trains & Automobiles
John Hughes
Steve Martin, John Candy
1987

400 Hot Shots!
Jim Abrahams
Charlie Sheen, Cary Elwes, Valeria Golino, Lloyd Bridges, Jon Cryer
1991

399 Last Dragon, The
Michael Schultz
Taimak, Julius Carry, Christopher Murney
1985
Sho'nuff: Now, when I say, "Who's da mastah?" you say, "Sho'nuff!"
Sho'nuff: Alright, Leroy, who is the one and only master?
Leroy Green: I am.

398 Let's Do It Again
Sidney Poitier
Sidney Poitier, Bill Cosby, Ossie Davis
1975

397 Night at the Museum
Shawn Levy
Ben Stiller, Robin Williams, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, Carla Gugino, Jake Cherry
2006

396 Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Kevin Reynolds
Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Alan Rickman, Christian Slater
1991

395 Remember the Titans
Boaz Yakin
Denzel Washington, Will Patton
2000

394 Something's Got to Give
George Cukor
Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin
1962

393 Tangled
Byron Howard, Nathan Greno
Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy, Brad Garrett, Ron Perlman, M. C. Gainey, Jeffrey Tambor, Peter Sallis, Paul F. Tompkins
2010

392 The Firm
Sydney Pollack
Tom Cruise, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Holly Hunter, David Strathairn, Wilford Brimley, Gary Busey
1993

391 The American President
Rob Reiner
Michael Douglas, Annette Bening, Martin Sheen, Michael J. Fox, Samantha Mathis, Richard Dreyfuss
1995
[Looking through Andrew Shepherd's college transcript]
Sydney Ellen Wade: Oh, Andy, a C minus in Women's Studies.
President Andrew Shepherd: Yeah, well, that class wasn't about what I thought it was about.

Lewis Rothschild: Can I just state very clearly I can't be part of anything illegal.
A.J.: Good for you, Lewis.
Lewis Rothschild: You can say what you want. It's always the guy in my job that ends up doing 18 months in Danbury minimum security prison.

Lewis Rothschild: Who're we calling, sir?
President Andrew Shepherd: I'm calling the Organization of the United Brotherhood of It's None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. I'll be with you in a second.

President Andrew Shepherd: You're attracted to me, but the idea of physical intimacy is uncomfortable because you only know me as the President. But it's not always going to be that way, and the reason I know that is there was a moment last night when you were with ME, not the President. And I know what a big step that was for you. So, Sydney, I'm in no rush. Here's my plan. We're going to slow down, and when you're comfortable, that's when it's going to happen.
[Sydney emerges from the bathroom wearing nothing but one of his shirts]
President Andrew Shepherd: Perhaps I didn't properly explain the fundamentals of the slowdown plan.
Sydney Ellen Wade: [feeling the bed] No, you explained it great.
President Andrew Shepherd: Are you nervous?
Sydney Ellen Wade: No.
President Andrew Shepherd: Good. My nervousness exists on... several levels. Number one, and this is in no particular order, I haven't done this in a pretty long time. Number two, uh, any expectations that you might have, given the fact that I'm... you know...
Sydney Ellen Wade: [approaching seductively] The most powerful man in the world?
President Andrew Shepherd: Exactly, thank you. I think it's important you remember that's a political distinction that comes with the office. I mean, if, uh, Eisenhower were here instead of me, he'd be dead by now... and number three...
Sydney Ellen Wade: Andy...
[she kisses him]

President Andrew Shepherd: For the last couple of months, Senator Rumson has suggested that being president of this country was, to a certain extent, about character, and although I have not been willing to engage in his attacks on me, I've been here three years and three days, and I can tell you without hesitation: Being President of this country is entirely about character. For the record: yes, I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU. But the more important question is why aren't you, Bob? Now, this is an organization whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights, so it naturally begs the question: Why would a senator, his party's most powerful spokesman and a candidate for President, choose to reject upholding the Constitution? If you can answer that question, folks, then you're smarter than I am, because I didn't understand it until a few hours ago. America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free". I've known Bob Rumson for years, and I've been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. Bob's problem is that he can't sell it! We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character. And wave an old photo of the President's girlfriend and you scream about patriotism and you tell them, she's to blame for their lot in life, and you go on television and you call her a whore. Sydney Ellen Wade has done nothing to you, Bob. She has done nothing but put herself through school, represent the interests of public school teachers, and lobby for the safety of our natural resources. You want a character debate, Bob? You better stick with me, 'cause Sydney Ellen Wade is way out of your league.
[pauses]
President Andrew Shepherd: I've loved two women in my life. I lost one to cancer, and I lost the other 'cause I was so busy keeping my job I forgot to do my job. Well, that ends right now. Tomorrow morning, the White House is sending a bill to Congress for its consideration. It's White House Resolution 455, an energy bill requiring a 20 percent reduction of the emission of fossil fuels over the next ten years. It is by far the most aggressive stride ever taken in the fight to reverse the effects of global warming. The other piece of legislation is the crime bill. As of today, it no longer exists. I'm throwing it out. I'm throwing it out writing a law that makes sense. You cannot address crime prevention without getting rid of assault weapons and handguns. I consider them a threat to national security, and I will go door to door if I have to, but I'm gonna convince Americans that I'm right, and I'm gonna get the guns. We've got serious problems, and we need serious people, and if you want to talk about character, Bob, you'd better come at me with more than a burning flag and a membership card. If you want to talk about character and American values, fine. Just tell me where and when, and I'll show up. This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up. My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I *am* the President.

A. J. MacInerney: Excuse me, sir, where are you going?
President Andrew Shepherd: I'm going over to her house. I'm going to stand outside her door until she let's me in, and I'm not leaving 'til I get her back.
A. J. MacInerney: How are you going to do that, sir?
President Andrew Shepherd: Well, I haven't worked that out yet, but I'm sure groveling will be involved.

390 The Bourne Ultimatum
Paul Greengrass
Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, David Strathairn, Scott Glenn, Joan Allen
2007

389 The Enforcer
James Fargo
Clint Eastwood, Tyne Daly, Bradford Dillman
1976
Harry Callahan: What about that punk?
Lt. Al Bressler: You mean the suspect?
Harry Callahan: Suspect my ass!

388 The Bourne Supremacy
Paul Greengrass
Matt Damon, Joan Allen, Brian Cox, Julia Stiles
2004

387 Teen Wolf
Rod Daniel
Michael J. Fox, Susan Ursitti, Jay Tarses
1985

386 Sister Act
Emile Ardolino
Whoopi Goldberg
1992

385 National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Jon Turteltaub
Nicolas Cage, Diane Kruger, Jon Voight, Justin Bartha, Helen Mirren
2007

384 Patriot Games
Phillip Noyce
Harrison Ford, Anne Archer, Sean Bean, James Earl Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Patrick Bergin, Richard Harris, Thora Birch
1992

383 Over the Top
Menahem Golan
Sylvester Stallone, Robert Loggia, David Mendenhall
1987

382 Out for Justice
John Flynn
Steven Seagal, William Forsythe, Jerry Orbach
1991

381 National Treasure
Jon Turteltaub
Nicolas Cage, Diane Kruger, Justin Bartha, Jon Voight
2004

380 My Cousin Vinny
Jonathan Lynn
Joe Pesci, Ralph Macchio, Marisa Tomei, Mitchell Whitfield, Fred Gwynne, Lane Smith
1992

379 Look Who's Talking
Amy Heckerling
John Travolta, Kirstie Alley, Olympia Dukakis
1989

378 Rock of Ages
Adam Shankman
Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Malin Akerman, Mary J. Blige, Bryan Cranston
2012

377 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Steven Spielberg
Harrison Ford, Jonathan Ke Quan, Kate Capshaw
1984

376 In the Line of Fire
Wolfgang Petersen
Clint Eastwood, John Malkovich, Rene Russo, Dylan McDermott
1993

375 Ice Age
Chris Wedge, Carlos Saldanha
Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary
2002

374 Ferris Bueller's Day Off
John Hughes
Matthew Broderick, Alan Ruck, Mia Sara, Jennifer Grey, Jeffrey Jones
1986
Economics Teacher: "Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?"
Simone: "Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious".

Economics Teacher: "In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics".

Grace: "Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude".

373 On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Peter R. Hunt
George Lazenby
1969
James Bond: "Bond, James Bond"

372 Die Hard with a Vengeance
John McTiernan
Bruce Willis, Jeremy Irons, Samuel L. Jackson
1995
Zeus: "So what's up with this L.A. thing? You famous or something?"
John McClane: "Yeah, for about five minutes".
Zeus: "Don't tell me. Rodney King, right?"
John McClane: "F--k you".

371 ¡Three Amigos!
John Landis
Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short
1986
Dusty Bottoms: "Time for plan B. Plan A was to break into El Guapo's fortress".
Carmen: "And that you have done, now what?"
Dusty Bottoms: "Well we really dont have a plan B. We didn't expect for the first plan to work. Sometimes you can overplan these things".

Lucky Day: "In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!"

Lucky Day: "Well, we're just gonna have to use our brains".
Ned Nederlander, Dusty Bottoms: "Damn it!"

370 In the Navy
Arthur Lubin
Abbott and Costello, Dick Powell
1941

369 1941
Steven Spielberg
John Belushi, Ned Beatty, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Toshirō Mifune, Robert Stack, Warren Oates, Tim Matheson
1979

368 Situation Hopeless... But Not Serious
Gottfried Reinhardt
Alec Guinness, Mike Connors, Robert Redford
1965

367 War and Peace
King Vidor
Audrey Hepburn, Henry Fonda, Mel Ferrer
1956

366 An Affair to Remember
Leo McCarey
Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr, Cathleen Nesbitt, Richard Denning
1957

No comments:

Post a Comment