Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 28, 2017

4 Days left in Countdown May

The I’m just sayin… Top 2,982 Movies of All-Time Countdown


70 Superman
Richard Donner
Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Jackie Cooper, Ned Beatty, Valerie Perrine, Glenn Ford
1978

69 42
Brian Helgeland
Harrison Ford, Chadwick Boseman, Christopher Meloni, Ryan Merriman, Andre Holland, Kelley Jakle, Brad Beyer, Toby Huss, T. R. Knight, Alan Tudyk, Hamish Linklater, John C. McGinley, Lucas Black, Nicole Beharie, C. J. Nitkowski, Brett Cullen
2013

68 Wedding Crashers
David Dobkin
Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Christopher Walken, Rachel McAdams, Jane Seymour, Bradley Cooper
2005
Jeremy Grey: "Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye".

Jeremy Grey: "Listen, I'm getting married".
John Beckwith [points at the door]: "Get out".

Chazz Reinhold: "HEY MOM! CAN WE GET SOME MEATLOAF?"

Flip: "Yeah! Crabcakes and Football. That's what Maryland does!"

67 Ocean's Eleven
Steven Soderbergh
George Clooney, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Andy García, Julia Roberts, Don Cheadle, Casey Affleck, Elliott Gould, Carl Reiner
2001
Danny: "Ten oughta do it, don't you think?"
Rusty: [Stares of in silence, not looking at Danny]
Danny: "You think we need one more?"
Rusty: [Silence]
Danny: "You think we need one more".
Rusty: [Silence]
Danny: "All right, we'll get one more".
Rusty: [Blinks]

66 Halloween
John Carpenter
Donald Pleasence, Jamie Lee Curtis
1978

65 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Steven Spielberg
Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Denholm Elliott, Alison Doody, Julian Glover, John Rhys-Davies, River Phoenix
1989
Professor Henry Jones: "I'm sorry about your head though. But I thought that you were one of them".
Indiana Jones: "Dad, they come in through the doors".
Professor Henry Jones: "Ha, good point".

Professor Henry Jones: "We named the *dog* Indiana".

64 Knute Rockne, All American
Lloyd Bacon
Pat O'Brien, Ronald Reagan
1940
George Gipp: "Win one for the Gipper!"

Knute Rockne: "Now I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years. None of you ever knew George Gipp. He was long before your time, but you all know what a tradition he is at Notre Dame. And the last thing he said to me, 'Rock,' he said, 'sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock,' he said, 'but I'll know about it and I'll be happy'".

63 Mr. Holland's Opus
Stephen Herek
Richard Dreyfuss, Glenne Headly, Olympia Dukakis, Jay Thomas
1995
Vice Principal Wolters: "I care about these kids just as much as you do. And if I'm forced to choose between Mozart and reading and writing and long division, I choose long division".
Glenn Holland: "Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want, Gene. Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about".

62 Rain Man
Barry Levinson
Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise
1988
Raymond: "I'm an excellent driver".

61 Saving Private Ryan
Steven Spielberg
Tom Hanks, Edward Burns, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore, Dennis Farina, Ted Danson, Paul Giamatti, Bryan Cranston, Harve Presnell, Vin Diesel
1998

60 We Were Soldiers
Randall Wallace
Mel Gibson, Sam Elliott, Madeleine Stowe
2002
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore [after saying a prayer]: "Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen".

59 The Graduate
Mike Nichols
Dustin Hoffman, Anne Bancroft, Katharine Ross
1967
Benjamin: "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me".

58 Dirty Dancing
Emile Ardolino
Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Grey, Jerry Orbach, Cynthia Rhodes
1987
Johnny: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner".

57 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
David Yates
Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Brendan Gleeson, Richard Griffiths, John Hurt, Jason Isaacs, Alan Rickman, Fiona Shaw, Timothy Spall, Imelda Staunton, David Thewlis, Julie Walters
2010

56 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
David Yates
Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Brendan Gleeson, Richard Griffiths, John Hurt, Jason Isaacs, Alan Rickman, Fiona Shaw, Timothy Spall, Imelda Staunton, David Thewlis, Julie Walters
2011

55 Office Space
Mike Judge
Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, Gary Cole
1999
Female Temp: "Uh-oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays".

Dom Portwood: "Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports".
Peter Gibbons: "Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it".
Dom Portwood: "Yeah. Did you get that memo?"
Peter Gibbons: "Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore".
Dom Portwood: "Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!"

Bob Slydell: "You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?"
Peter Gibbons: "Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour".
Bob Porter: "Da-uh? Space out?"
Peter Gibbons: "Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work".

Bob Porter: "Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately".
Peter Gibbons: "I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob".
Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] "And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..."

54 Oklahoma!
Fred Zinnemann
Gordon MacRae, Shirley Jones, Rod Steiger, Gloria Grahame, Eddie Albert, Gene Nelson
1955

53 The Pride of the Yankees
Sam Wood
Gary Cooper, Teresa Wright
1942
Lou Gehrig:"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth".

52 Midway
Jack Smight
Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, Robert Mitchum, Glenn Ford
1976

51 The Untouchables
Brian De Palma
Sean Connery, Kevin Costner, Andy García, Robert De Niro, Patricia Clarkson, Charles Martin Smith, Richard Bradford
1987
Malone: "You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!"

50 Starsky & Hutch
Todd Phillips
Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Snoop Dogg, Juliette Lewis, Amy Smart, Carmen Electra
2004
Starsky: "Do it".

Hutch: "Okay, let me ask you a question, which one do you want cause we're gonna stick to this?"
Starsky: "I've always had a thing for blondes".
Hutch: "Good, cause I'll take anything".

Huggy Bear: "Look man, it ain't even funny no more. There used to be a time around here when you peed on the wall, you did it outside".
Hutch: "Lighten up! It's Friday night. Okay, it's a bar".
Huggy Bear: "Hutch, it's Wednesday afternoon man. Snap out of it".

Huggy Bear: "I am an urban informer. I am not a snitch".

Captain Doby: "You've robbed 7 bookies over the past 6 months. You haven't filed a report, turned in any money; you haven't even arrested anybody".
Hutch: "How can I arrest them? They'll know I'm a cop".

49 First Blood
Ted Kotcheff
Sylvester Stallone, Richard Crenna, Brian Dennehy, Jack Starrett
1982

48 It's a Wonderful Life
Frank Capra
James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore
1946

47 Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Adam McKay
Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner, Steve Carrell, Fred Willard
2004
Ron Burgundy: [to dog] "You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair".

Ron Burgundy: "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly…"

Ron Burgundy: "I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you".

Ron Burgundy: "I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal".
Veronica Corningstone: "Really".
Ron Burgundy: "People know me".
Veronica Corningstone: "Well, I'm very happy for you".
Ron Burgundy: "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany".

Ron Burgundy: "You stay classy, San Diego".

46 National Lampoon's Vacation
Harold Ramis
Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Randy Quaid, John Candy, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron, Christie Brinkley
1983

No comments:

Post a Comment