Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Enoch R. Weiss (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 20, 1869, at Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action with Indians.

Ship’s Cook Adam Weissel (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 26, 1881, on board the U.S. Training Ship Minnesota. His citation reads:

For jumping overboard from the U.S. Training Ship Minnesota, at Newport, R.l., 26 August 1881, and sustaining until picked up by a boat from the ship, C. Lorenze, captain of the forecastle, who had fallen overboard.

Second Lieutenant Ira C. Welborn (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 2, 1898, at Santiago, Cuba. His citation reads:

Voluntarily left shelter and went, under fire, to the aid of a private of his company who was wounded.


I would like to take a minute to wish Mom a VERY HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!! I would also like to wish The Wife and all of the other mothers out there a happy Mother’s Day as well. Being a good mom isn’t easy… but I’m lucky to know some of the best.


The I'm just sayin… Top 1,453 Songs of All-Time

Rank Song Artist/Group

1100 Back in the U.S.S.R. by: The Beatles

1099 Love Walks In by: Van Halen

1098 Six-Pack Summer by: Phil Vassar

1097 The Last Song by: Poison

1096 All Star by: Smash Mouth

1095 Take The Money And Run by: Steve Miller Band

1094 Better Than Revenge by: Taylor Swift

1093 A Day in the Life by: The Beatles

1092 All For You by: Sister Hazel

1091 Hey There by: Sammy Davis, Jr.

1090 Maggie May by: Rod Stewart

1089 Can't Fight This Feeling by: REO Speedwagon

1088 The Conversation by: Hank Williams, Jr. and Waylon Jennings

1087 Follow You Down by: Gin Blossoms

1086 Empty Garden (Hey, Hey Johnny) by: Elton John

1085 Susie Q by: Creedence Clearwater Revival

1084 Some Mistakes by: Brad Paisley

1083 Blame It on the Love of Rock and Roll by: Bon Jovi

1082 Girl Like That by: Matchbox Twenty

1081 Hole in the World by: The Eagles

1080 You Ain't Much Fun by: Toby Keith

1079 Shame by: Matchbox Twenty

1078 Take Me There by: Rascal Flatts

1077 Mine by: Taylor Swift

1076 Bitter Sweet Symphony by: The Verve

1075 Pretty Maids All in a Row by: The Eagles

1074 Mockingbird by: Toby Keith

1073 Twist and Shout by: The Beatles

1072 Somewhere Near Japan by: The Beach Boys

1071 Enchanted by: Taylor Swift

1070 Donna by: Ritchie Valens

1069 Stand by: Rascal Flatts

1068 Life Goes On by: Poison

1067 Smokin' in the Boys' Room by: Motley Crue

1066 Long Day by: Matchbox Twenty

1065 Crazy for You by: Madonna

1064 I'm Alright by: Kenny Loggins

1063 Reality by: Kenny Chesney

1062 Joey by: Bon Jovi

1061 Runaway by: Bon Jovi

1060 Then by: Brad Paisley

1059 Breakfast At Tiffany's by: Deep Blue Something

1058 Dirt Road Anthem by: Jason Aldean

1057 It Wasn't Me by: Shaggy with RikRok

1056 We Built This City by: Starship

1055 New York Minute by: The Eagles

1054 Don't Worry Baby by: The Beach Boys

1053 Look But You Can't Touch by: Poison

1052 Two Out of Three Ain't Bad by: Meat Loaf

1051 Peaceful Easy Feeling by: Little Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment