Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, February 12, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private Jerry Wall (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Second Lieutenant George W. Wallace (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 4, 1900, at Tinuba, Luzon, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

With another officer and a native Filipino, was shot at from an ambush, the other officer falling severely wounded. 2d Lt. Wallace fired in the direction of the enemy, put them to rout, removed the wounded officer from the path, returned to the town, a mile distant, and summoned assistance from his command.

Private First Class Herman C. Wallace (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 27, 1945, near Prumzurley, Germany. His citation reads:

He displayed conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity. While helping clear enemy mines from a road, he stepped on a well-concealed S-type antipersonnel mine. Hearing the characteristic noise indicating that the mine had been activated and, if he stepped aside, would be thrown upward to explode above ground and spray the area with fragments, surely killing 2 comrades directly behind him and endangering other members of his squad, he deliberately placed his other foot on the mine even though his best chance for survival was to fall prone. Pvt. Wallace was killed when the charge detonated, but his supreme heroism at the cost of his life confined the blast to the ground and his own body and saved his fellow soldiers from death or injury.


While she does not read my life’s work (this blog), I would still like to wish my good friend Rebecca (wife of my better friend Jeremy) a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truth is, she is a great friend and a greater person… which is why she is Mary Ruth, Susie and Daniel’s godmother. Maybe, as a birthday present, I will let her godchildren spend the weekend over at her house. What a GREAT idea (for me and The Wife)! Anyway, I hope Jeremy and the boys make it a great birthday!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment