Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, October 25, 2015

I'll Fly Away

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Major Edward P. Tobie (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from March 29 to April 9, 1865, during the Appomattox Campaign, Virginia. His citation reads:

Though severely wounded at Sailors Creek, 6 April, and at Farmville, 7 April, refused to go to the hospital, but remained with his regiment, performed the full duties of adjutant upon the wounding of that officer, and was present for duty at Appomattox.

First Lieutenant/Adjutant John M. Tobin (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 1, 1862, at Malvern Hill, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily took command of the 9th Massachusetts while adjutant, bravely fighting from 3 p.m. until dusk, rallying and re-forming the regiment under fire; twice picked up the regimental flag, the color bearer having been shot down, and placed it in worthy hands.

Landsman Paul Tobin (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1871, on board the U.S.S. Plymouth. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Plymouth, Hamburg Harbor, 3 July 1871. Jumping overboard at the imminent risk of his life, Tobin, with a comrade, rescued from drowning one of a party who was thrown from a shore boat into a 4-knot running tide while the boat was coming alongside the ship.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.



The I’m just sayin… Hymn of the Week

I’ll Fly Away


This hymn was written in 1929 by Albert E. Brumley and published in 1932. You can read more about it here.


Some bright morning when this life is over
I'll fly away
To that home on God's celestial shore
I'll fly away

Chorus
I'll fly away oh glory
I'll fly away (in the morning)
When I die hallelujah by and by
I'll fly away


When the shadows of this life have gone
I'll fly away
Like a bird from these prison walls I'll fly
I'll fly away

Chorus

Oh how glad and happy when we meet
I'll fly away
No more cold iron shackles on my feet
I'll fly away

Chorus

Just a few more weary days and then
I'll fly away
To a land where joys will never end
I'll fly away

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment