Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, August 11, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Armorer George Taylor (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Lackawanna. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Lackawanna during successful attacks against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, on 5 August 1864. When an enemy shell exploded in the shellroom, Taylor although wounded went into the room and, with his hand, extinguished the fire from the explosion. He then carried out his duties during the remainder of the prolonged action which resulted in the capture of the prize rebel ram Tennessee and in the damaging and destruction of Fort Morgan.

Sergeant Henry H. Taylor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 25, 1863, at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Was the first to plant the Union colors upon the enemy's works.

1st Lieutenant James Allen Taylor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 9, 1967, west of Que Son, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

Capt. Taylor, Armor, was serving as executive officer of Troop B, 1st Squadron. His troop was engaged in an attack on a fortified position west of Que Son when it came under intense enemy recoilless rifle, mortar, and automatic weapons fire from an enemy strong point located immediately to its front. One armored cavalry assault vehicle was hit immediately by recoilless rifle fire and all 5 crewmembers were wounded. Aware that the stricken vehicle was in grave danger of exploding, Capt. Taylor rushed forward and personally extracted the wounded to safety despite the hail of enemy fire and exploding ammunition. Within minutes a second armored cavalry assault vehicle was hit by multiple recoilless rifle rounds. Despite the continuing intense enemy fire, Capt. Taylor moved forward on foot to rescue the wounded men from the burning vehicle and personally removed all the crewmen to the safety of a nearby dike. Moments later the vehicle exploded. As he was returning to his vehicle, a bursting mortar round painfully wounded Capt. Taylor, yet he valiantly returned to his vehicle to relocate the medical evacuation landing zone to an area closer to the front lines. As he was moving his vehicle, it came under machinegun fire from an enemy position not 50 yards away. Capt. Taylor engaged the position with his machinegun, killing the 3-man crew. Upon arrival at the new evacuation site, still another vehicle was struck. Once again Capt. Taylor rushed forward and pulled the wounded from the vehicle, loaded them aboard his vehicle, and returned them safely to the evacuation site. His actions of unsurpassed valor were a source of inspiration to his entire troop, contributed significantly to the success of the overall assault on the enemy position, and were directly responsible for saving the lives of a number of his fellow soldiers. His actions were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military profession and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


I would like to wish The Wife a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know she will have a GREAT day because she gets to be with me and the kids! We love her very much and we’re all happy to have her in our lives. As a gift to her, I will share some pictures I’ve taken and drawn (and by “drawn”, I mean used this cool app I found for my phone).

The Wife having an afternoon tea with The Kids

Daniel at Teresa Lynn's pool

Daniel and Susie jumping in together

Probably a little more "together" than was safe

Both made it in!

At least one made it out...

Good news!  This was taken after the pool... so both made it out.  This was at the McDonald's in Orangeburg.  Want to know why people are against the $15 minimum wage?  Visit this McDonald's.

Mary Ruth, Daniel and Susie outside of church

The Wife with Colt

Calypso trying to get The Wife to give him some food

Susie and Calypso... He's come so far.

Colt

Scooby, Maverick and Colt

Me and #Beasley

Scooby, Colt and Calypso

Colt

Scooby

No comments:

Post a Comment