Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, May 8, 2015

Top 8 Holiday’s

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain S. Rodmond Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 5, 1865, at Rowanty Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Swam the partly frozen creek under fire to establish a crossing.

Corporal Thaddeus S. Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 2, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Was 1 of 6 volunteers who charged upon a log house near the Devil's Den, where a squad of the enemy's sharpshooters were sheltered, and compelled their surrender.

Private Theodore F. Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 20, 1869, at Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


Today we are going to leave the military and take a look at the Top 8 Holiday’s!!!!!


The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 8 US Holidays of All-Time

8   New Year's Day   Official Federal Holiday since 1870; Date Celebrated: January 1

7   Martin Luther King, Jr. Day   Official Federal Holiday since 1983; Date Celebrated: 3rd Monday of January

6   Veteran's Day   Official Federal Holiday since 1938; Date Celebrated: November 11

5   Memorial Day   Official Federal Holiday since 1888; Date Celebrated: Last Monday in May

4   Independence Day   Official Federal Holiday since 1870; Date Celebrated: July 4

3   Labor Day   Official Federal Holiday since 1894; Date Celebrated: First Monday in September

2   Christmas   Official Federal Holiday since 1870; Date Celebrated: December 25

1   Easter   Official Federal Holiday since… Well, it's actually not an official Federal Holiday since Easter is always on a Sunday; Date Celebrated: Sunday after Good Friday

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving didn't crack your top 8? Hopefully if you expanded the list further it at least finishes ahead of Arbor Day.

    8. Labor Day
    7. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
    6. Veteran's Day
    5. Memorial Day
    4. Easter
    3. Thanksgiving
    2. Independence Day
    1. Christmas

    ReplyDelete