Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, May 2, 2015

Top 2…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private George W. Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 12, 1874, at Wichita River, Texas. His citation reads:

While carrying dispatches was attacked by 125 hostile Indians, whom he and his comrades fought throughout the day. Pvt. Smith was mortally wounded during the engagement and died early the next day.

First Lieutenant Henry I. Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 15, 1865, at Black River, North Carolina. His citation reads:

Voluntarily and under fire rescued a comrade from death by drowning.

Private James Smith (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during April 1862, in Georgia. His citation reads:

One of the 19 of 22 men (including 2 civilians) who, by direction of Gen. Mitchell (or Buell), penetrated nearly 200 miles south into enemy territory and captured a railroad train at Big Shanty, Ga., in an attempt to destroy the bridges and tract between Chattanooga and Atlanta.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 2 Hockey Players of All-Time

2   Gordie Howe   Played in the NHL from 1946 - 1971 for the Detroit Red Wings. He played for other teams and other leagues… but the bulk was for the Red Wings in the NHL. 23-time NHL All-Star; 4-time Stanley Cup Champion (1950, 1952, 1954 and 1955); Hockey Hall of Fame (1972); Top 5 in NHL scoring for 20 consecutive seasons; Most games played for a single franchise (1,687 with the Red Wings)   Nicknamed "Mr. Hockey"… He has to be one of the Top 2 Hockey Players of All-Time.

1   Wayne Gretzky   Won the Stanley Cup in 1984, 1985, 1987 and 1988 (all with the Edmonton Oilers); 18-time All-Star; Most 100-or-more assist seasons (11); Most MVP awards (9); Hockey Hall of Fame (1999); #99 retired league-wide by NHL   Only one player could be better than "Mr. Hockey"… and that's "The Great One"

2 comments:

  1. I thought I had commented on this, but apparently I didn't.

    2. Bobby Orr - I'll put the best defenseman on here..and he was a good scorer in his own right.

    1. Wayne Gretzky - Nobody is touching him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby Orr is a good choice, but Gordie Howe is MR. HOCKEY! He HAD to be on there.

    ReplyDelete