Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, May 16, 2015

Top 16...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Corporal Clifton T. Speicher (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 14, 1952, near Minarigol, Korea. His citation reads:

Cpl. Speicher distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry and indomitable courage above and beyond the call of duty in action against the enemy. While participating in an assault to secure a key terrain feature, Cpl. Speicher's squad was pinned down by withering small-arms mortar, and machine gun fire. Although already wounded he left the comparative safety of his position, and made a daring charge against the machine gun emplacement. Within 10 yards of the goal, he was again wounded by small-arms fire but continued on, entered the bunker, killed 2 hostile soldiers with his rifle, a third with his bayonet, and silenced the machine gun. Inspired by this incredible display of valor, the men quickly moved up and completed the mission. Dazed and shaken, he walked to the foot of the hill where he collapsed and died. Cpl. Speicher's consummate sacrifice and unflinching devotion to duty reflect lasting glory upon himself and uphold the noble traditions of the military service.

Private Orizoba Spence (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 20, 1869, at Chiricahua Mountains, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Major William J. Sperry (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

With the assistance of a few men, captured 2 pieces of artillery and turned them upon the enemy.


Help Team I’m just sayin… in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s

To donate to me: Click Here.

To join team I’m just sayin…: Click Here.


By now you should know what today is… but if you are new to I’m just sayin…, I’ll tell you. Today is the anniversary of the day Winthrop back-up point guard De’Andre Adams died. It was eight years ago today. Eight years. He only played two years, but he played with so much heart that I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. Here are a few pictures of Dre. The quality isn’t great, but that’s because I took them from videos.


He was such a bad FT shooter... toward the middle/end of the '06-'07 season, he started doing this at the FT line.  I think it helped, but I don't really remember.  I do know that since he died, WU fans do this during every Winthrop FT.

A side view

We were at this game (by "we", I of course mean me and Jeremy).  I think my cousin Alan was working for one of the news stations and got this video. There was a loose ball and Dre got to it and passed to Mike Jenkins for the 3, right before he got undercut by the CSU player.  I still don't understand how there was no foul called on the CSU player.

This smile... plus the fact that he was probably 5'4" on a tall day, made him a fan favorite.

Look at the bottom of the screen.  Bottom right corner is Taj... starting to shoot a 3-pointer.  STARTING to shoot.  Now look at the bottom left.  That's Dre (who had just a second ago passed the ball to Taj), giving the"made 3-pointer" sign.  There's something about that play that has always stuck with me.

The last picture of him walking off the court after his last game at WU.

One of the good things the current coach has done at WU.

RIP Dre.



The I'm just sayin… Countdown May List of the Day


Top 16 NFL Team Nicknames of All-Time

I'm pretty sure there is no way to argue against this list, so I won't bother to explain each selection. I will point out that the Oilers name is no longer used… but it's still one of the Top 16 NFL Team Nicknames of All-Time. And yes, I know there is a lot of fighting going on right now about one of the names on the list… but I think it’s one of the best in the NFL, so I have it on here.

16   Oilers

15   Panthers

14   Bengals

13   Seahawks

12   Bears

11   Dolphins

10   Falcons

9   Eagles

8   Chargers

7   49ers

6   Broncos

5   Redskins

4   Raiders

3   Patriots

2   Cowboys

1   Steelers

No comments:

Post a Comment