Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, December 11, 2014

Hey… The year is almost over.

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain Edwin F. Savacool (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag, during which he was wounded and died several days later in Washington, D.C.

Ordinary Seaman Auzella Savage (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865, on board the U.S.S. Santiago de Cuba. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Santiago de Cuba in the assault on Fort Fisher, 15 January 1865. When the landing party to which he was attached charged on the fort with a cheer, and the determination to plant the colors on the ramparts, Savage remained steadfast when more than two_thirds of the marines and sailors fell back in panic during the fight. When enemy fire shot away the flagstaff above his hand, he bravely seized the remainder of the staff and brought his colors safely off.

Sergeant William Sawelson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 26, 1918, at Grand-Pre, France. His citation reads:

Hearing a wounded man in a shell hole some distance away calling for water, Sgt. Sawelson, upon his own initiative, left shelter and crawled through heavy machinegun fire to where the man lay, giving him what water he had in his canteen. He then went back to his own shell hole, obtained more water, and was returning to the wounded man when he was killed by a machinegun bullet.


Is it just me, or did this year go by pretty fast? I had a great weekend this past Friday-Sunday. I had a chance to relax with some friends at the lake house. Not everyone was able to make it, but maybe that will change next year.

Below is a video of Piano Man Dan playing his favorite song… or at least he thinks that’s what he’s doing.




Picture Thursday


Today we have some pics from around Thanksgiving.  Here is one of Daniel at school.  Pay attention in the next picture to what he is thankful for...

If you can't read it, it says "I'm thankful for my mommy, my daddy and my brother!"... He doesn't have a brother.

Louis, Susan (post chair tipping) and me

Aunt Yvonne doing the one thing Teresa Lynn loves more than any other thing... playing with her hair.

Dad

Brent

Ansley providing the post meal entertainment




Daniel was sleeping before the made it to the end of the street

Momma's little baby boy

Spike eating his Thanksgiving meal


The kids decorating the Christmas Tree... The Wife said Daniel was wearing underwear, but for all I can tell he was nude.

My friend Allison (little sister of Rebecca) got married the weekend before Thanksgiving.  The Saturday before Thanksgiving was probably the nicest day of the month.  The wedding, however, was on the Sunday before Thanksgiving.  It rained.  Hard.  And for a very long time.  And the wedding was outside.  BUT... it was still a great wedding.  She looked great, they got married and the reception was fun.  Those are the only 3 things you really need for a great wedding.  And I'm sure after a year or two she'll forget about the weather on her wedding day.



No comments:

Post a Comment