Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, October 16, 2014

Picture time!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Stephen Rought (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 6, 1864, at Wilderness, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 13th North Carolina Infantry (C.S.A.).

First Lieutenant Carlton Robert Rouh (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 15, 1944, at Peleliu Island, Palau group. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty while attached to the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division, during action against enemy Japanese forces on Peleliu Island, Palau group, 15 September 1944. Before permitting his men to use an enemy dugout as a position for an 81-mm. mortar observation post, 1st Lt. Rouh made a personal reconnaissance of the pillbox and, upon entering, was severely wounded by Japanese rifle fire from within. Emerging from the dugout, he was immediately assisted by 2 marines to a less exposed area but, while receiving first aid, was further endangered by an enemy grenade which was thrown into their midst. Quick to act in spite of his weakened condition, he lurched to a crouching position and thrust both men aside, placing his own body between them and the grenade and taking the full blast of the explosion himself. His exceptional spirit of loyalty and self-sacrifice in the face of almost certain death reflects the highest credit upon 1st Lt. Rouh and the U.S. Naval Service.

Private Lewis A. Rounds (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1864, at Spotsylvania, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.


I will say this about Daniel playing soccer… he’s getting better. If you look back, you’ll see that each week was a little better than the last. Right now, he is up to the point where he will stand on the field and scream/cry when someone else kicks the ball… but that’s a big improvement over where he started. Maybe when he is leading the USA to its first World Cup championship, we can all look back on this time and laugh. Even if he doesn’t do that, I’m sure we’ll all look back and laugh.


Picture Thursday


The Soccer Nijas

GOAL!!!!! (in warm-ups)

Perhaps the biggest issue Coach Cory has to deal with... getting his players to go in the right direction (fyi... Daniel is pointing the wrong way)

Daniel and Lucas



Daniel hitting on the Coach's daughter

Stand here and kick the ball... and please stop crying

Maybe boxing is his sport...



No, we didn't get a 3rd dog... we were just dog sitting

This is all he really wanted to do while at our house


Watching game film... getting ready for the next soccer game

Scooby earning his keep...




No comments:

Post a Comment