Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, August 11, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Major Edmund Rice (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 3, 1863, at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. His citation reads:

Conspicuous bravery on the third day of the battle on the countercharge against Pickett's division where he fell severely wounded within the enemy's lines.

First Sergeant Carlos H. Rich (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 5, 1864, at Wilderness, Virginia. His citation reads:

Saved the life of an officer.

Quartermaster Louis Richards (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 24-25, 1862, on board the USS Pensacola. His citation reads:

Richards served as quartermaster on board the U.S.S. Pensacola in the attack upon Forts Jackson and St. Philip, and at the taking of New Orleans, 24 and 25 April 1862. Through all the din and roar of battle, he steered the ship through the narrow opening of the barricade, and his attention to orders contributed to the successful passage of the ship without once fouling the shore or the obstacles of the barricade.


Today I’d like to wish The Wife a VERY HAPPY 34th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! She is a great wife and a wonderful mother… more than that, she is a great person. I work for the money and high speed internet access, but The Wife has a passion for her work. She was able to build the family services part of Pattison’s Academy from scratch into the only part of that organization that brought in more than it spent and now she is building Path Finders Team Services from the bottom up. Of course, she is not doing this by herself… but a large part of being successful is getting together with the right people. Some of her customers know how great she is… though I’m sure some take for granted all of the extra work she does for them. While I’m thinking about it… If you’re on Facebook, go “like” the Path Finders Team Services page (and share it). Also, let people know about their website (which I linked above). She was able to sweet talk one of the top website creator people into making the site for her. In honor of The Wife, I’m going to share 34 random pics of her (which she will probably hate, so… HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!)…


The Wife with the love of her life (Scooby)

Mary Ruth and The Wife

Us at a family vacation on Edisto

Another one from the same vacation (which is why we have on the exact same clothes)

The Wife, me, MR and The Twins at the Walk to End Alzheimer's a few years ago 

The Wife holding Susie holding Daniel

Daniel resting on The Wife while she plays on Facebook

Another pic from that Edisto vacation

This might be from that vacation too

They made a picture for me...

Disney on Ice a few years ago











Us on our 10th Anniversary (I think... I'm pretty sure it was our 10th)

The Wife and Susan


Pre-Hootie a couple of years ago

During Hootie a couple of years ago




The Wife, me, and my Labor Day Uncle Paul

Mom with her in-laws

I think this was our first "real" picture together (That's me to the right... I know it's hard to tell because of all of that hair)

Us with Teresa Lynn and our Labor Day cousins

Us the night before her wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment