Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, May 20, 2014

We’ve reached the Top 200!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Major George H. Plowman (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 17, 1864, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Recaptured the colors of the 2d Pennsylvania Provisional Artillery.

Sergeant Thomas Plunkett (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 11, 1862, at Fredericksburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Seized the colors of his regiment, the color bearer having been shot down, and bore them to the front where both his arms were carried off by a shell.

Private Alfred Polond (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 1, 1898, at Santiago, Cuba. His citation reads:

Gallantly assisted in the rescue of the wounded from in front of the lines and while under heavy fire of the enemy.


Our Fan Top 5 List today comes from my good friend/banker Michael (like some of the other Top 5's, I can't remember if Michael sent me his list in order or if it was random and I put it in an order... Either way, this is his top 5)…

5   Boston Legal

4   Diners drive-ins and dives

3   True Detective

2   The Big Bang Theory

1   House MD


Congrats to my good friend and brother Jason Farr on winning the competition last Friday night that I told you about. He went up against some pretty funny people, but he was the funniest of them all. Every now and then I’ll have people say to me, “You should do stand-up”… My answer is always, “Hell no”. I might have a big gut, but that don’t mean I have nearly enough guts to get on stage in front of strangers. I think some people underestimate just how hard it is to get up in front of strangers and make them laugh. Anyway, Jason did a great job and I’m proud of him. His win earned him a spot on The Most RACES Show on Earth Saturday, June 21 (8:00pm).


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


199   Survivor   2000-present   I hate this show (sorry Danny & Jen). I remember when it first started I thought, "Well, the good news is this crap won't last"… I was loud wrong on that one…

198   Rizzoli and Isles   2010-present  

197   Sofia the First   2013-present   Not a bad cartoon… Susie loves it.

196   Sex and the City   1998-2004  

195   Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo   1979-1980   A great version of the Scooby-Doo enterprise…

194   Rules of Engagement   2007-present  

193   Raising Hope   2010-present  

192   Quantum Leap   1989-1993  

191   Press Your Luck   1983-1986   This game show was so much fun, I bought it for our Wii…

190   Perfect Strangers   1986-1993  

189   One Life to Live   1968-2012  

188   NYPD Blue   1993-2005  

187   NUMB3RS   2005-2010  

186   Cougar Town   2009-present  

185   Nightline   1980-present  

184   NCIS: Los Angeles   2009-present   Not as good as NCIS, but still a very good show. Some big-name actors on it, too…

183   Name That Tune   1952-1985   I can name that tune in… 3 notes.

182   MythBusters   2003-present  

181   My Wife and Kids   2001-2005  

180   My Three Sons   1960-1972  

No comments:

Post a Comment