Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, May 25, 2014

Luke 12:15

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private John R. Porter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during April 1862, in Georgia. His citation reads:

One of the 19 of 22 men (including 2 civilians) who, by direction of Gen. Mitchell (or Buell), penetrated nearly 200 miles south into enemy territory and captured a railroad train at Big Shanty, Ga., in an attempt to destroy the bridges and track between Chattanooga and Atlanta.

Farrier Samuel Porter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 12, 1870, at Wichita River, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Sergeant William Porter (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Among the first to check the enemy's countercharge.


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


99   THUNDERCATS   1985-1989   Another GREAT cartoon that, thanks to DVDs, I am able to share with Mary Ruth (and the others, but she likes it more than they do).

98   The Wonder Years   1988-1993   A pretty good show based on my friend KC's childhood… HA!

97   The Twilight Zone   1959-1964  

96   The Soul Train   1971-2006  

95   The Smurfs   1981-1989  

94   Morning Joe   2007-present   I miss watching this morning news show now that I have to leave early…

93   The Simpsons   1989-present   This should probably be ranked higher… this show has gone on forever.

92   8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter   2002-2005   I thought this was a very funny show, but sadly it's probably remembered most for being the show John Ritter was working on when he died.

91   The Real Husbands of Hollywood   2013-present   If you like Kevin Hart, you'll love this show. If you don't like Kevin Hart, then you're missing out...

90   The Price Is Right   1972-present   Come on down!!!!!

89   21 Jump Street   1987-1991  

88   The Jeffersons   1975-1985    If I did a Top 10 of spin-off shows, this would be in it (and would probably be in the Top 5.  It's hard to really find anything wrong with this show.   

87   The Dukes of Hazzard   1979-1985   Just some good ol' boys… never meaning no harm… beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born…

86   The Colbert Report   2005-present   A fellow James Islander who is very funny.

85   The A-Team   1983-1987   Mr. T - What else do you need?


The I’m just sayin… Gospel Verse of the Week
Luke 12:15

          Then He said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment