Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Favorite Nurse Jen’s Top 5

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private First Class Ralphe E. Pomeroy (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 15, 1952, near Kumhwa, Korea. His citation reads:

Pfc. Pomeroy, a machine gunner with Company E, distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry and indomitable courage above and beyond the call of duty in action against the enemy. While his comrades were consolidating on a key terrain feature, he manned a machine gun at the end of a communication trench on the forward slope to protect the platoon flank and prevent a surprise attack. When the enemy attacked through a ravine leading directly to his firing position, he immediately opened fire on the advancing troops inflicting a heavy toll in casualties and blunting the assault. At this juncture the enemy directed intense concentrations of artillery and mortar fire on his position in an attempt to neutralize his gun. Despite withering fire and bursting shells, he maintained his heroic stand and poured crippling fire into the ranks of the hostile force until a mortar burst severely wounded him and rendered the gun mount inoperable. Quickly removing the hot, heavy weapon, he cradled it in his arms and, moving forward with grim determination, raked the attacking forces with a hail of fire. Although wounded a second time he pursued his relentless course until his ammunition was expended within 10 feet of the foe and then, using the machine gun as a club, he courageously closed with the enemy in hand-to-hand combat until mortally wounded. Pfc. Pomeroy's consummate valor, inspirational actions and supreme sacrifice enabled the platoon to contain the attack and maintain the integrity of the perimeter, reflecting lasting glory upon himself and upholding the noble traditions of the military service.

Private George F. Pond (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 15, 1864, at Drywood, Kansas. His citation reads:

With 2 companions, attacked a greatly superior force of guerrillas, routed them, and rescued several prisoners.

First Lieutenant James B. Pond (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 6, 1863, at Baxter Springs, Kansas. His citation reads:

While in command of 2 companies of Cavalry, was surprised and attacked by several times his own number of guerrillas, but gallantly rallied his men, and after a severe struggle drove the enemy outside the fortifications. 1st Lt. Pond then went outside the works and, alone and unaided, fired a howitzer 3 times, throwing the enemy into confusion and causing him to retire.


Our Fan Top 5 List today comes from our Favorite Nurse Jen…

5   The Big Bang Theory

4   Survivor

3   ER

2   Full House

1   Friends


The I’m just sayin… Top 747 TV Shows of All-Time


Below we will have the rank, show, and years that the show ran (and sometimes any notes/thoughts I might have).


179   Monk   2002-2010   Sonny tipped me off to this show. It's a great one… If you missed it, check it out on Netflix.

178   Mister Ed   1958-1966   A horse is a horse, of course, of course…

177   Miami Vice   1984-1990   This is what the '80s were all about…

176   McHale's Navy   1962-1966  

175   Maverick   1957-1962   Good Western… Good name.

174   Law & Order: Crime & Punishment   2002-2004  

173   Lost   2004-2010   This was a highly rated show that the TV experts seemed to love… but I didn't care too much for it. I tried to give it a shot and thought it might be a show I would like. But it wasn't.

172   Listen Up!   2004-2005   A show based on Tony Kornheiser… it should have lasted longer.

171   Life Goes On   1989-1993  

170   Lawman   1958-1962  

169   Law & Order: Special Victims Unit   1999-present   Ice-T as a cop… what could get better than that?!

168   Late Night with Conan O'Brien   1993-2009  

167   Knight Rider   1982-1986   Probably #1 in Germany

166   King of the Hill   1997-2009  

165   Judging Amy   1999-2005  

164   Jojo's Circus   2003-2007   Mary Ruth loved watching this as a baby

163   Jimmy Kimmel Live!   2003-present  

162   It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia   2005-present  

161   I Spy   1965-1968   Remember the other day when I commented next to a show saying I believed it was the show that gave Bill Cosby his start in TV? Well… I'm an idiot. THIS is the show I was thinking about. I apologize for the error… my Director of Research and Director of Fact-Checking have both been fined a month's pay for this.

160   Leave It to Beaver   1957-1963   This was a popular re-run when I was growing up…

No comments:

Post a Comment