Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, September 17, 2013

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Staff Sergeant Franklin D. Miller (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 5, 1970, at Kontum province, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. S/Sgt. Miller, 5th Special Forces Group, distinguished himself while serving as team leader of an American-Vietnamese long-range reconnaissance patrol operating deep within enemy controlled territory. Leaving the helicopter insertion point, the patrol moved forward on its mission. Suddenly, 1 of the team members tripped a hostile booby trap which wounded 4 soldiers. S/Sgt. Miller, knowing that the explosion would alert the enemy, quickly administered first aid to the wounded and directed the team into positions across a small stream bed at the base of a steep hill. Within a few minutes, S/Sgt. Miller saw the lead element of what he estimated to be a platoon-size enemy force moving toward his location. Concerned for the safety of his men, he directed the small team to move up the hill to a more secure position. He remained alone, separated from the patrol, to meet the attack. S/Sgt. Miller single-handedly repulsed 2 determined attacks by the numerically superior enemy force and caused them to withdraw in disorder. He rejoined his team, established contact with a forward air controller and arranged the evacuation of his patrol. However, the only suitable extraction location in the heavy jungle was a bomb crater some 150 meters from the team location. S/Sgt. Miller reconnoitered the route to the crater and led his men through the enemy controlled jungle to the extraction site. As the evacuation helicopter hovered over the crater to pick up the patrol, the enemy launched a savage automatic weapon and rocket-propelled grenade attack against the beleaguered team, driving off the rescue helicopter. S/Sgt. Miller led the team in a valiant defense which drove back the enemy in its attempt to overrun the small patrol. Although seriously wounded and with every man in his patrol a casualty, S/Sgt. Miller moved forward to again single-handedly meet the hostile attackers. From his forward exposed position, S/Sgt. Miller gallantly repelled 2 attacks by the enemy before a friendly relief force reached the patrol location. S/Sgt. Miller's gallantry, intrepidity in action, and selfless devotion to the welfare of his comrades are in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit on him, his unit, and the U.S. Army.

First Lieutenant Gary L. Miller (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on February 16, 1969, at Binh Duong province, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous intrepidity and gallantry in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. First Lt. Miller, Infantry, Company A, was serving as a platoon leader at night when his company ambushed a hostile force infiltrating from Cambodian sanctuaries. After contact with the enemy was broken, 1st Lt. Miller led a reconnaissance patrol from their prepared positions through the early evening darkness and dense tropical growth to search the area for enemy casualties. As the group advanced they were suddenly attacked. First Lt. Miller was seriously wounded. However, the group fought back with telling effect on the hostile force. An enemy grenade was thrown into the midst of the friendly patrol group and all took cover except 1st Lt. Miller. who in the dim light located the grenade and threw himself on it, absorbing the force of the explosion with his body. His action saved nearby members of his patrol from almost certain serious injury. The extraordinary courage and selflessness displayed by this officer were an inspiration to his comrades and are in the highest traditions of the U.S. Army.

Corporal George Miller (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from October 21, 1876 – January 8, 1877, at Cedar Creek, etc., Montana. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.


Don’t forget to click here to donate to my Walk to End Alzheimer’s… And a big THANK YOU to Aunt Yvonne and Uncle George for their donation! Right now, I like them a heck of a lot more than I like the rest of you. I’m just sayin…


We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish all of our readers a very Happy 4th Anniversary! We have had another great year and we look forward to having an even better 5th year.

I would like to point out again that we’ve managed to hang on to our Medal of Honor segment, making it the longest running segment on any blog that I read. Now let’s look at some stats for the blog.

First Post Ever

1st Post – September 17, 2009
Patrick Swayze, President Obama, & the media

First Post of the Past Season

September 18, 2012
Oh Columbia…

Total Number of Posts

868

Total Post of the Past Season

254

Longest Streak

264

Longest Streak of the Past Season

106

Most Read Posts (Top 5) – All-Time

1. Is it Tuesday already? (569)*****Ok… which one of you made this your homepage?*****

2. Sleeping Daniel (137)

3. De’Andre Adams (127)

4. Sunday Post… (119)

5. HAPPY “4-OMG No-Name Teri is 40” BIRTHDAY No-Name Teri!!!!!!!! (111)

Top 10 Pageviews By Country
United States (28,751) – I think this proves we’re the best (and smartest) country in the world. Suck it, China.

Russia (3,177) – Hello, comrades.

United Kingdom (1,836) – I think most of these are my friend Kurt… and the Royal Family.

Germany (1,088)

Spain (690)

Argentina (593)

Denmark (516)

France (398)

Slovenia (354)

Canada (284)

Top 5 Pageviews By Browsers

FireFox (14,934 - 33%)

Internet Explorer (14,850 - 33%)

Safari (6,446 - 14%)

Chrome (3,152 - 7%)

Opera (2,789 - 6%)

Top 2 Operating System

Windows (31,074 - 70%)

iPhone (3,597 - 8%)

My Top 5 Favorite Segments (All-Time)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients

Picture Tuesday

The I’m just sayin… Bible Verse/Proverb of the Week

Flashback Friday

The I’m just sayin… Countdown May

Top 5 Nicknames on I’m just sayin…

The Wife - My wife

Sonny - My big brother

Revolutionary War Heroes - University of South Carolina Gamecocks

Teresa Lynn - My big sister… the former Doubting Teri (and No-Name Teri)

Danny (yes, that Danny) – My friend Danny


My Top 10 Favorite Posts (All-Time)

An open letter to Trident Medical Center

BREAKING NEWS!!!! A Message from The Wife

Hate what is evil...

HAPPY “4-OMG No-Name Teri is 40” BIRTHDAY No-Name Teri!!!!!!!!

Talkin Baseball

My Funeral....Let’s set a record!

The Empire…err…Hospital Strikes Back

Reactions....

Story Time

I will now solve all racial problems!!!!! (You’re welcome)…

I’m not 100% sure right now… but I’m pretty sure I’m going to be counting down the greatest TV shows of all time next May. You won’t want to miss it!


Picture Tuesday

Daniel and Susie looking for Mary Ruth's plane...
Still looking...
It's got to show up sometime...
Daniel and Susie have their "MooMoo" back!
Susie was VERY happy to see Mary Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment