Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, July 31, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private John McHugh (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 21, 1876 – January 8, 1877, at Cedar Creek, etc., Montana. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Seaman Martin McHugh (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 27, 1863, on board the U.S.S. Cincinnati. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Cincinnati during the attack on the Vicksburg batteries and at the time of her sinking, 27 May 1863. Engaging the enemy in a fierce battle, the Cincinnati amidst, an incessant fire of shot and shell, continued to fire her guns to the last, though so penetrated by shellfire that her fate was sealed. Serving bravely during this action, McHugh was conspicuously cool under the fire of the enemy, never ceasing to fire until this proud ship went down, "her colors nailed to the mast."

Captain of the Top James McIntosh (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the U.S.S. Richmond. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Richmond during action against rebel forts and gunboats and with the ram Tennessee in Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. Despite damage to his ship and the loss of several men on board as enemy fire raked her decks, Mclntosh performed his duties with skill and courage throughout the prolonged battle which resulted in the surrender of the rebel ram Tennessee and in the successful attacks carried out on Fort Morgan.


Today we’d like to wish my friend Jenn a very Happy Birthday!!! I don’t get to talk to her nearly as much as I did in the past, but still count her as a friend on the off chance that this friendship will somehow help me get into Heaven. Haha… just kidding… after the “rice spanking” incident of 2008, there’s a good chance I’ll be helping her more than she’ll be helping me. Yeah, I’m bringing up something 5 years old… that just shows how epic it was. Anyway, Jenn played a big part in this blog getting started and for that I thank her. We hope she has a great birthday!

We at I’m just sayin… would like to send a big Thank You to my cousin Alan for copying a bunch of Home Movie dvds for me. We’d also like to thank my Aunt Yvonne for getting Alan to do this for me… and for filming these events in the first place. I’m not sure how far back these dvds go, but the first one has stuff from 1987 (obviously, these were tapes before Alan, I assume, recorded them to dvd). I’ve only watched one so far… but based on this video I can’t help but wonder if my Aunt Yvonne had/has some strange form of Parkinson’s Disease that only shows up when she’s holding a video camera. These videos are great, but I can only watch them in 2 – 3 minute intervals before I have to look away… otherwise, I’ll get motion sickness. Still, it’s been fun for me to let The Wife to see some of my older relatives who are no longer with us. Of course, it’s like we’re seeing them through the eyes of a drunk… during an earthquake… but that’s better than we had before. So thank you Aunt Yvonne.

To be fair to my good aunt, the video camera she had was the same size (perhaps bigger) than the cameras that news crews use.

And I know I’m only one dvd into this thing (I had a good many more left to watch), but kudos to Aunt Yvonne for not cussing on tape (so far, at least). As I type this, I’m watching Granny’s 73rd Birthday Party. This is great for a number of reasons… #1 – I get to see Granny, Aunt Beth and Aunt Sister (who, I learned many years later… and by many years I mean probably college… that her name was not really Sister, but Lula Belle); #2 – I get to hear my cousins Alan and Susan fight over who gets to help Granny open her gifts. This is where I thought I might get to hear Aunt Yvonne drop a 4-letter word or two, but I guess having her mom and aunts in the room helped keep her from doing it. Still… it would have made a great dvd legendary.

I forgot to include this other classic SNL skit on my blog yesterday, so I'm posting it today. If this doesn't make you laugh, stop reading my blog.





We have a bonus pic for you today.  The Wife has decided it's time for Daniel to start potty training.  I have to admit, the first weekend went better than I expected... of course, it might have been because I wasn't home for a lot of it, but that's ok.  The pic below is what I saw shortly after coming home on Saturday...

This is what sets America apart from other countries.  Daniel is living the dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment