Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown (301-282)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private George Loyd (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of division flag of General Heth.

Sergeant George Loyd (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 29, 1890, at Wounded Knee Creek, South Dakota. His citation reads:

Bravery, especially after having been severely wounded through the lung.

Private First Class Carlos James Lozada (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 20, 1967, at Dak To, Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Pfc. Lozada, U.S. Army, distinguished himself at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty in the battle of Dak To. While serving as a machine gunner with 1st platoon, Company A, Pfc. Lozada was part of a 4-man early warning outpost, located 35 meters from his company's lines. At 1400 hours a North Vietnamese Army company rapidly approached the outpost along a well defined trail. Pfc. Lozada alerted his comrades and commenced firing at the enemy who were within 10 meters of the outpost. His heavy and accurate machine gun fire killed at least 20 North Vietnamese soldiers and completely disrupted their initial attack. Pfc. Lozada remained in an exposed position and continued to pour deadly fire upon the enemy despite the urgent pleas of his comrades to withdraw. The enemy continued their assault, attempting to envelop the outpost. At the same time enemy forces launched a heavy attack on the forward west flank of Company A with the intent to cut them off from their battalion. Company A was given the order to withdraw. Pfc. Lozada apparently realized that if he abandoned his position there would be nothing to hold back the surging North Vietnamese soldiers and that the entire company withdrawal would be jeopardized. He called for his comrades to move back and that he would stay and provide cover for them. He made this decision realizing that the enemy was converging on 3 sides of his position and only meters away, and a delay in withdrawal meant almost certain death. Pfc. Lozada continued to deliver a heavy, accurate volume of suppressive fire against the enemy until he was mortally wounded and had to be carried during the withdrawal. His heroic deed served as an example and an inspiration to his comrades throughout the ensuing 4-day battle. Pfc. Lozada's actions are in the highest traditions of the U.S. Army and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the U.S. Army.


The Wife’s Top 5 Books

5 - Cory's Stories: A Kid's Book About Living with ADHD by Jeanne Kraus

4 - A History of Camp Cory by Bo Shoemaker

3 - For Cory's Sake by Carolyn Wada

2 - The Adventures of Cory: Lessons in Disobedience by Cory’s Club

1 - Super Cory by Cory Kennedy


The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown

301 A Royal Duty by: Paul Burrell

300 Firewall: The Iran-Contra Conspiracy And Cover-Up by: Lawrence E. Walsh  *This was written by the Special Prosecutor so it's not exactly fair and balanced...*

299 Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by: Chelsea Handler

298 Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Compromised America's National Security by: Lt. Col. Robert Patterson

297 Triangle of Death: The Shocking Truth About the Role of South Vietnam and the French Mafia… by: Brad O'Leary  *What can I say... I like reading about the Kennedy's and the different assassination theories.*

296 The Power Of A Praying Husband by: Stormie Omartian

295 Winning Every Day: The Game Plan For Success by: Lou Holtz

294 The Mental Game of Baseball: A Guide To Peak Performance by: H.A. Dorfman

293 Death By Hollywood by: Steven Bochco

292 Robert Kennedy In His Own Words: The Unpublished Recollections of the Kennedy Years by: Robert Kennedy

291 The Kennedy's: An American Drama by: Peter Collier

290 Chicken Soup for the College Soul by: Various

289 The Scarlet Letter by: Nathaniel Hawthorne

288 Star Wars: The New Jedi Order- Traitor by: Matthew Stover

287 More Tales of the South Carolina Low Country by: Nancy Rhyne

286 Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man: Dude, Where's Your Integrity? by: Jason Clarke  *If you don't like Michael Moore... this is a good book.  If you do like him, you might want to skip this one...*

285 Puppetmaster: The Secret Life of J. Edgar Hoover by: Richard Hack

284 Lord of the Flies by: William Golding

283 And The Angels Were Silent: The Final Week of Jesus by: Max Lucado

282 The Last Amateurs: Playing For Glory and Honor In Division I College Basketball by: John Feinstein




Picture Tuesday

Daniel and Susie after taking a walk with me...

Susie heading up to sing

Susie and Daniel taking a nap with Scooby

I've got a few pictures on here of how Daniel sleeps at night...


Susie playing some music for us


He's a cool dude


Poor Daniel...


1 comment:

  1. It appears Jen may have a thing for Corys.... should we be worried?

    ReplyDelete