Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, May 23, 2013

The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown (75-64)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Fireman First Class George Mahoney (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 28, 1898, on board the U.S.S. Vixen. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Vixen on the night of 28 May 1898. Following the explosion of the lower front manhole gasket of boiler A of that vessel, Mahoney displayed great coolness and self-possession in entering the fireroom.

Private Gregory Mahoney (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 26-28, 1874, near Red River, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry in attack on a large party of Cheyennes.

Sergeant Jeremiah Mahoney (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 29, 1863, at Fort Sanders, Knoxville, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 17th Mississippi Infantry (C.S.A.).


The I'm just sayin… Top 421 Books of All-Time Countdown

75 Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages by: Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

74 On The Swing Shift: Building Liberty Ships in Savannah by: Tony Cope *This was a pretty cool book about the Savannah shipyard. My guess is things weren't all that different at the Charleston shipyard (where both of my grandfathers worked).*

73 Stranded in the Philippines: Professor Bell's Private War Against the Japanese by: Scott A. Mills *This is a great book that talks about stuff I never heard about in History class…*

72 The Sign of The Four by: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

71 Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron by: Michael A. Stackpole *This is THE best Star Wars book that doesn't focus on the main characters of the movies.*

70 Psych: A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Read by: William Rabkin

69 Dave Barry's Money Secrets: Like, Why Is There A Giant Eyeball On The Dollar? by: Dave Barry

68 The President's Assassin by: Brian Haig

67 Harry Potter: And The Prisoner of Azkaban by: J. K. Rowling

66 Second to Home: Ryne Sandberg Opens Up by: Ryne Sandberg *This is a great book by/about my favorite baseball player.*

65 Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist (Left Behind #3) by: Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

64 Fatherhood by: Bill Cosby *Unless you're Rebecca, you've got to love Bill Cosby. This book is laugh outloud funny and the best part is it's true (I'm sure all dads will agree).*


No comments:

Post a Comment