Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Picture Tuesday...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Captain of the Forecastle Pierre Leon (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 23-27, 1862, on board the USS Baron De Kalb. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Baron De Kalb, Yazoo River Expedition, 23 to 27 December 1862. Proceeding under orders up the Yazoo River, the U.S.S. Baron De Kalb, with the object of capturing or destroying the enemy's transports, came upon the steamers John Walsh, R. J. Locklan, Golden Age and the Scotland sunk on a bar where they were ordered fired. Continuing up the river, she was fired on, but upon returning the fire, caused the enemy's retreat. Returning down the Yazoo, she destroyed and captured larger quantities of enemy equipment and several prisoners. Serving bravely throughout this action, Leon, as captain of the forecastle, "d1stinguished himself in the various actions.

Sergeant Edwin Leonard (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 18, 1864, near Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Voluntarily exposed himself to the fire of a Union brigade to stop their firing on the Union skirmish line.

Private Joseph Leonard (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on March 25, 27, 29 and April 4, 1899. His citation reads:

For distinguished conduct in the presence of the enemy in battles, while with the Eighth Army Corps on 25, 27, and 29 March, and on 4 April 1899.


As we enter the Final Four, let’s take a look at the current House of Greg standings:

1. Greg – 51 pts.
2. The Wife – 50 pts.
3. Mary Ruth – 45 pts.
4. Susie – 40 pts.
5. Daniel – 38 pts.

As it stands, I am the only person to get a team into the Final Four which means… I AM THE WINNER OF THE FIRST EVER HOUSE OF GREG TOURNEY PICK’EM!!!!!!!! This is great news for me because I am going to be pulling against the only team I have left in the tournament… so I’m glad I already have the win locked up. Now that I know I've won, I'll have to come up with a great 1st place prize.  Anyway, I look forward to cheering for Gregg Marshall’s Wichita State Shockers as they attempt to shock the world in the Final Four. It won’t be easy… but I’ll be pulling for them.


Picture Tuesday
Susie packing for the Lake House (me and the girls went there for Easter this year leaving The Wife and Daniel at home)...

The girls had fun playing on the slide (like they always do)...

Like always, there were some changes to the Lake House since the last time I was there...

More paved parking...

Work on a garage - half-court gym...

Susie ready to go swimming...

Another look at the new addition...

The Easter Bunny was able to find the girls...

They did a good job sharing a bed...

Getting ready for an in-door Easter Sermon from Sonny... this is usually done out by the lake but bad weather forced us inside this year...

Mary Ruth, Me and Susie getting ready to hear Sonny preach...

Susie did a pretty good job finding Easter eggs (51 total)...

Mary Ruth and Susie playing in the hot tub together...

One of my meals... For those of you scoring at home, that's a chicken-cheese dip with chips and bacon wrapped around a cheez-it.  I include this picture because The Wife has ratted me out to my doctor saying that I was not healthy and so she scheduled a physical for me.  Me... the person in my house who has been to the doctor the least over the past two years.  Anyway, I'll talk about this more later... just know that I'm not going down without a fight...

Susie is only really happy when she is with her cousin Ansley...



No comments:

Post a Comment