Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Picture Time

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Second Lieutenant Gerry H. Kisters (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 31, 1943, near Gagliano, Sicily. His citation reads:

On 31 July 1943, near Gagliano, Sicily, a detachment of 1 officer and 9 enlisted men, including Sgt. Kisters, advancing ahead of the leading elements of U.S. troops to fill a large crater in the only available vehicle route through Gagliano, was taken under fire by 2 enemy machineguns. Sgt. Kisters and the officer, unaided and in the face of intense small arms fire, advanced on the nearest machinegun emplacement and succeeded in capturing the gun and its crew of 4. Although the greater part of the remaining small arms fire was now directed on the captured machinegun position, Sgt. Kisters voluntarily advanced alone toward the second gun emplacement. While creeping forward, he was struck 5 times by enemy bullets, receiving wounds in both legs and his right arm. Despite the wounds, he continued to advance on the enemy, and captured the second machinegun after killing 3 of its crew and forcing the fourth member to flee. The courage of this soldier and his unhesitating willingness to sacrifice his life, if necessary, served as an inspiration to the command.

Sergeant George K. Kitchen (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 9, 1874, at Upper Wichita, Texas. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Chief Carpenter’s Mate Robert Klein (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 25, 1904, on board the USS Raleigh. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Raleigh, for heroism in rescuing shipmates overcome in double bottoms by fumes of turpentine, 25 January 1904.


Sonny was a little under the weather last week, so I'll forgive him for not realizing that Ozzie Smith is the greatest St. Louis Cardinal since Stan "The Man" Musial. I'm sure that's something the rest of us can all agree on.


Picture Tuesday
Look... It's a Mary Ruth-Go-Round

Susie and Mary Ruth at the park



Daniel was at the park, too...

I remember Granny would bring me and Louis to this same park and we would play with this toy... good to see Mary Ruth likes it too

Here is Susie moving a gumball so The Wife wouldn't step on it and break her foot...

Happy Susie

MR just hanging out

The kids hanging out in my chair waiting for mommy to get home

No comments:

Post a Comment