Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Scout N/A Kelsay (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during the Winter of 1872-1873. His citation reads:

Gallant conduct during campaigns and engagements with Apaches.

Private First Class Jack William Kelso (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 2, 1952, in Korea. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a rifleman of Company I, in action against enemy aggressor forces. When both the platoon commander and the platoon sergeant became casualties during the defense of a vital outpost against a numerically superior enemy force attacking at night under cover of intense small-arms, grenade, and mortar fire, Pfc. Kelso bravely exposed himself to the hail of enemy fire in a determined effort to reorganize the unit and to repel the onrushing attackers. Forced to seek cover, along with 4 other marines, in a nearby bunker which immediately came under attack, he unhesitatingly picked up an enemy grenade which landed in the shelter, rushed out into the open and hurled it back at the enemy. Although painfully wounded when the grenade exploded as it left his hand, and again forced to seek the protection of the bunker when the hostile fire became more intensified Pfc. Kelso refused to remain in his position of comparative safety and moved out into the fire-swept area to return the enemy fire, thereby permitting the pinned-down marines in the bunker to escape. Mortally wounded while providing covering fire for his comrades, Pfc. Kelso, by his valiant fighting spirit, aggressive determination, and self-sacrificing efforts in behalf of others, served to inspire all who observed him. His heroic actions sustain and enhance the highest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.

First Sergeant Joseph Kemp (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 6, 1864, at Wilderness, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag of 31st North Carolina (C.S.A.) in a personal encounter.


We are going to have some changes on the blog this year. For one thing, I’m not going to post every day. I just did that last year to see if I could. Now that I know that I can, I probably won’t do it again. So… We are going to keep Picture Tuesday, changing the Bible Verse of the Week to the Proverb of the Week and adding Flashback Friday. It should be fun. I hope. Anyway, Happy 2013 everyone!!!


Picture Tuesday



Mary Ruth singing in the Christmas Eve Service

Daniel with the fruit from his stocking.  He loved the orange.

Maverick with his Christmas bone.

Scooby fell asleep with his Christmas bone.

Superman Daniel

Susie taking her baby for a walk with me at Nana and Da's house

Susie and Daniel taking a nap at Nana and Da's House



Daniel with crazy hair after waking up

Snack time without Mommy

Daniel and Uncle Sonny

Mary Ruth's Birthday cake

Another pic of Daniel and Uncle Sonny

No comments:

Post a Comment