Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Picture Tuesday...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private First Class Mack A. Jordan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on November 15, 1951, near Kumsong, Korea. His citation reads:

Pfc. Jordan, a member of Company K, distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry and indomitable courage above and beyond the call of duty in action against the enemy. As a squad leader of the 3d Platoon, he was participating in a night attack on key terrain against a fanatical hostile force when the advance was halted by intense small-arms and automatic-weapons fire and a vicious barrage of handgrenades. Upon orders for the platoon to withdraw and reorganize, Pfc. Jordan voluntarily remained behind to provide covering fire. Crawling toward an enemy machine gun emplacement, he threw 3 grenades and neutralized the gun. He then rushed the position delivering a devastating hail of fire, killing several of the enemy and forcing the remainder to fall back to new positions. He courageously attempted to move forward to silence another machine gun but, before he could leave his position, the ruthless foe hurled explosives down the hill and in the ensuing blast both legs were severed. Despite mortal wounds, he continued to deliver deadly fire and held off the assailants until the platoon returned. Pfc. Jordan's unflinching courage and gallant self-sacrifice reflect lasting glory upon himself and uphold the noble traditions of the infantry and the military service.

Coxswain Robert Jordan (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 14, 1863, on board the USS Mount Washington. His citation reads:

Attached to the U.S.S. Minnesota and temporarily serving on the U.S.S. Mount Washington, during action against the enemy in the Nansemond River, 14 April 1863. When the Mount Washington drifted against the bank following several successive hits which struck her boilers and stopped her engines, Jordan boarded the stricken vessel and, for 6 hours as fierce artillery and musketry continued to rake her decks, calmly assisted in manning a 12-pound howitzer which had been mounted on the open hurricane deck.

Quartermaster Thomas Jordan (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the USS Calena. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Calena during the attack on enemy forts at Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. Securely lashed to the side of the Oneida which had suffered the loss of her steering apparatus and an explosion of her boiler from enemy fire, the Calena aided the stricken vessel past the enemy forts to safety. Despite heavy damage to his ship from raking enemy fire, Jordan performed his duties with skill and courage throughout the action.


We at I'm just sayin... would like to wish Marcus Lattimore good luck in his career in the NFL. Word on the street is the Revolutionary War Hero running back is passing up his senior year to enter the NFL draft. The shelf-life for a running back in the NFL isn't very long, so we hope he is smart with his money. If he can get that knee healthy (and we think he can), we think he'll be a very good player for some team. With his injury (and his previous injury), I don't know how high he will be drafted... but I'm sure the team that drafts him will be getting a great player. I wouldn't mind seeing my Steelers drafting him in one of the later rounds. Good luck Marcus!


Picture Tuesday

It started with me practicing some of my old NWA/WCW wrestling moves on Daniel, but before I knew it...

The kids turned on me.  Daniel would stand straight up and fall on to me.  The girls would climb on me and try to tickle me.

Daniel standing at school, ready to go.

A good ol' fire at the lake house.

Monkey see...

...Monkey do

Daniel watching the girls do yard work.


My little workers

Daniel before his haircut...


Daniel after his haircut....

Like you, I don't see where any hair was actually cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment