Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Aubrey!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Lieutenant Colonel Webb C. Hayes (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during December 4, 1899, at Vigan, Luzon, Philippine Islands. His citation reads:

Pushed through the enemy's lines alone, during the night, from the beach to the beleaguered force at Vigan, and returned the following morning to report the condition of affairs to the Navy and secure assistance.

Corporal Asbury F. Haynes (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 6, 1865, at Sailors Creek, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

First Lieutenant George Price Hays (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 14-15, 1918, near Greves Farm, France. His citation reads:

At the very outset of the unprecedented artillery bombardment by the enemy, his line of communication was destroyed beyond repair. Despite the hazard attached to the mission of runner, he immediately set out to establish contact with the neighboring post of command and further establish liaison with 2 French batteries, visiting their position so frequently that he was mainly responsible for the accurate fire therefrom. While thus engaged, 7 horses were shot under him and he was severely wounded. His activity under most severe fire was an important factor in checking the advance of the enemy.


Happy Birthday to our little friend Aubrey from Our Life! We hope you have a good one!

Good news… I’m starting to feel better. I’m still not 100% yet, but I’m on my way.

Bad news… we are now in 5th place. I do want to thank my friend and former co-worker Stephanie for her donation. It’s nice to know I can ask for a donation from someone I haven’t seen in a few years and have that person come through for me. Now, if only some of you could take a break from sitting in your plush office counting wood or whatever it is you do to go to this site here to donate to my Walk to End Alzheimer’s… that would be great. When you go, you’ll see that I have reached my goal (and Team I’m just sayin… has reached its goal)… DON’T LET THIS KEEP YOU FROM GIVING!


The I’m just sayin… Know Your South Carolina Athlete

Our SC Athlete of the week this week is former Clemson and NFL punter Dale Hatcher. Hatcher is from Cheraw, South Carolina (best known as the town where my high school baseball career ended). He played for Clemson from 1981-1984 where he was a two-time All-American. He was the only Clemson player to lead the school in punting and to average 40-plus yards four consecutive seasons. He’s #2 in school punting average (42.9 yards/punt) and #1 in net average (40.7 yards/punt). Hatcher was also named to Clemson’s Centennial Team in 1996. I would have to say he is widely (if not universally) considered the greatest punter of all time to play at Clemson.

Hatcher was drafted in the third round of the 1985 NFL Draft (pick #77) by the Los Angeles Rams. During his rookie season, Hatcher led the league in net punting (43.2 yards/punt) and was a Pro Bowl and All-Pro selection. He played six seasons with the Rams and one with Miami, averaging 40.0 yards per punt for his career.

Congrats to Dale Hatcher for being our SC Athlete of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment