Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, June 5, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY (YES, THAT DANNY)!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant Henry B. Freeman (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on December 31, 1862, at Stone River, Tennessee. His citation reads:

Voluntarily went to the front and picked up and carried to a place of safety, under a heavy fire from the enemy, an acting field officer who had been wounded, and was about to fall into enemy hands.

Pilot Martin Freeman (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864, on board the USS Hartford. His citation reads:

As pilot of the flagship, U.S.S. Hartford, during action against Fort Morgan, rebel gunboats and the ram Tennessee, in Mobile Bay, 5 August 1864. With his ship under terrific enemy shellfire, Freeman calmly remained at his station in the maintop and skillfully piloted the ships into the bay. He rendered gallant service throughout the prolonged battle in which the rebel gunboats were captured or driven off, the prize ram Tennessee forced to surrender, and the fort successfully attacked.

Private William H. Freeman (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 15, 1865, at Fort Fisher, North Carolina. His citation reads:

Volunteered to carry the brigade flag after the bearer was wounded.


Today we would like to wish my good friend Danny (yes, that Danny) a very happy birthday!  I can remember his wedding like it was yesterday… At the time he and Jen were The Wife’s friends (I didn’t really know them). Anyway, I remember sitting there during the ceremony thinking, “Man, this guy really out kicked his coverage”… That’s when I knew that he was a guy I could be friends with. There’s a little known fact that I have a personal rule to not make friends with someone who has an ugly wife. It shows the guy makes poor choices and that’s something that can only hurt me in the long run. Anyway, that day turned out to be a great day for Danny, because not only did he marry a great girl, but he also impressed me (I won’t get into which one of these was better… I think you already know). So HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY! We hope Jen remembers it. 

Picture Tuesday
FaceTime with Teresa Lynn

Daniel... after finding out his Daddy has a brother AND a sister in their 40s

Hmm... Someone has been watching his Mommy

End of the school year... Mary Ruth got an Art Achievement award

And a Best Author award.

Daniel and Maverick sharing a bone.  Wait for it...

Wait for iiiiiiitttttttt............

There it is!

And now it's Maverick's turn.



At the Riverdogs game

Lions at the Zoo

The Kids on a Tiger






Susie said that looked like me sleeping.

That's a big foot... and a little hand.

Me and my girls

Susie feeding the goat.

The goat wants a little more...

Me and The Wife with our favorite zoo animal, The Llama

Everyone leaving the zoo happy




No comments:

Post a Comment