Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, April 30, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONNY AND MINDE!!!!!!!

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private John C. Ewing (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865, at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Capture of flag.

Principal Musician Pompey Factor (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 25, 1875, at Pecos River, Texas. His citation reads:

With 3 other men, he participated in a charge against 25 hostiles while on a scouting patrol.

Coxswain Harry D. Fadden (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 30, 1903, on board the USS Adams. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Adams, for gallantry, rescuing O.C. Hawthorne, landsman for training, from drowning at sea, 30 June 1903.


We at I’m just sayin… would like to wish our good friend Minde a very happy birthday!

We would also like to wish my big brother Sonny a very happy 42nd birthday! I know this isn’t Picture Tuesday, but in honor of Sonny’s birthday I figured I’d post a pic from his past. Below you will see a picture of Sonny and his prom date (some poor girl who, I assume, lost a bet which resulted in her being Sonny’s prom date). 


Sonny: I'm holding a girl's hand!  Girl: This better be the good deed that gets me into Heaven

Now, a word about what we’re going to be doing starting tomorrow. As you know, tomorrow starts I’m just sayin…’s Movie May. During the whole month of May, we will be counting down the top 2,613 movies of all time. You might be asking yourself, why movies? Well, friends, it all started over Labor Day Weekend at the lake last year. I was sitting in the Game Room with Sonny watching a movie (Die Hard, I think, but it could have been something else) when Cougar (Sonny’s much older woman) asked me if I’d seen a movie… I can’t remember now the name of the movie, but I think it was Couples Retreat. At the time, I hadn’t seen it. She informed me that it was the funniest movie ever. Now, I know that many of you have not started watching Phineas and Ferb even though I recommended it to you… so I know this might be lost on you, but when she told me it was the funniest movie ever I looked at Sonny and said “Sonny, I know what we’re doing next May”. And thus the decision was made to do a movie countdown. The next thing I did was inform everyone in the room that I could name 5 movies off the top of my head that were funnier than this movie I hadn’t seen yet. I will admit now that Couples Retreat is a very funny movie… but it’s not the funniest ever. One thing I didn’t have time to do (because I do have a real job in addition to keeping our grass cut and our clothes clean) is rank the movies by category. I just did an overall ranking. I did email a small group of people to get their “Top 5 Favorite Movies”, so every couple of days or so I will post those. Some people didn’t respond, so I had to use my best guess… I’m pretty confident that the movies I picked for them match their tastes. The years that I pulled movies from are 1939 – 2011. I probably spent way more time on this than I should have… but I think it was worth it. I hope you enjoy it. If you do, make sure you tell The Wife… because she loves to hear good things about my blog.

If movies aren’t your thing, you need to make sure you at least check out my May 22 post. I don’t want to give anything away, so I’ll just tell you a sibling of mine has a birthday that day. She doesn’t want me to point out right now how old she’ll be, but I don’t think Dad will mind me telling you how hard it was for him 40 years ago with a two year old son and a pregnant wife. I’m just sayin…


The I’m just sayin… Weekly Weigh-In

Greg 232 - Hmm… not a good week. I seem to be going in the wrong direction. Time to turn things around.  Though, to be fair, everyone on the list gained weight last week.

Mary Ruth 47

Susie 26

Daniel 24

No comments:

Post a Comment