Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday...

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Michael A. Donaldson (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on October 14, 1918 at Sommerance-Landres-et St. Georges Road, France. His citation reads:

The advance of his regiment having been checked by intense machinegun fire of the enemy, who were entrenched on the crest of a hill before Landres-et St. Georges, his company retired to a sunken road to reorganize their position, leaving several of their number wounded near the enemy lines. Of his own volition, in broad daylight and under direct observation of the enemy and with utter disregard for his own safety, he advanced to the crest of the hill, rescued one of his wounded comrades, and returned under withering fire to his own lines, repeating his splendidly heroic act until he had brought in all the men, 6 in number.

Sergeant Cornelius Donavan (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 25, 1869 at Agua Fria River, Arizona. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.

Private John S. Donelly (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions from October 1876 to January 1877 at Cedar Creek, etc., Montana. His citation reads:

Gallantry in action.


Goodbye Hines Ward. As I told you sometime ago, the Steelers decided to release Hines Ward. At the time, it looked like he would try to play with another team for a few years. It seems he had a change of heart and I have to say I’m happy. I know it’s not uncommon for great players to play for a different team at the end of their career… but it’s still nice when a guy ends his career with the team he’s always played for. If you missed it, here’s his retirement press conference.




Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for Daniel this Thursday. As I’m sure you remember, this Saturday will be his first birthday. Which means it was a year ago tomorrow when The Wife and I headed off to the place I won’t name to welcome him into the world. I know I give the little guy a hard time, but the truth is he’s fun to have around. He’s probably the happiest of our children (especially when his mommy is around). He sucks his thumb and twists his hair… which was my go-to move when I was little like him. It’s a little hard for him having two big sisters who love him so much… but he manages. The fact is, when I look at him I can’t help but think of all that my friend Chuck went through (and is still going through) after they found out his son Chase had cancer (if I’m not mistaken, Chase is now cancer free). So I’m thankful everyday that I haven’t had to go through that with any of my children. And since this is a special week for Daniel, I’m thankful for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment