Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, February 6, 2012

So long football…

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Boatswain’s Mate Willie Cronan (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 21, 1905 on board the USS Bennington. His citation reads:

Serving on board the U.S.S. Bennington, for extraordinary heroism displayed at the time of the explosion of a boiler of that vessel at San Diego, Calif., 21 July 1905.

Chief Quartermaster Cornelius Cronin (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on August 5, 1864 on board the USS Richmond. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Richmond in action at Mobile Bay on 5 August 1864. Cool and vigilant at his station throughout the prolonged action, Cronin watched for signals and skillfully steered the ship as she trained her guns on Fort Morgan and on ships of the Confederacy despite extremely heavy return fire. He participated in the actions at Forts Jackson and St. Philip, with the Chalmette batteries, at the surrender of New Orleans, and in the attacks on batteries below Vicksburg.

Sergeant William H. H. Crosier (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on July 20, 1864 at Peach Tree Creek, Georgia. His citation reads:

Severely wounded and ambushed by the enemy, he stripped the colors from the staff and brought them back into the line.


The I’m just sayin… Super Bowl Prediction Results

I picked the Giants to win and I was RIGHT! New York won, 21-17.

With the football season now officially over, we are going to take a quick look at my prediction results. Let’s start by looking at how I did with the bowl games (to save time [mine, not yours] I’m just going to put if I was right or wrong beside each prediction)…

The I’m just sayin… Bowl Predictions Results


Saturday, December 17 Pick
Temple vs. Wyoming Wyoming WRONG
GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL

Ohio vs. Utah State Utah State WRONG
FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL

San Diego State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette San Diego St. WRONG
R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL

Tuesday, December 20
Florida International vs. Marshall Marshall RIGHT
BEEF 'O' BRADY'S BOWL ST. PETERSBURG

Wednesday, December 21
No. 18 TCU vs. Louisiana Tech TCU RIGHT
SAN DIEGO COUNTY CREDIT UNION POINSETTIA BOWL

Thursday, December 22
Arizona State vs. No. 7 Boise State Boise State RIGHT
MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS

Saturday, December 24
Nevada vs. No. 21 Southern Miss Nevada WRONG
SHERATON HAWAII BOWL

Monday, December 26
Missouri vs. North Carolina UNC WRONG
AdvoCare V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL

Tuesday, December 27
Western Michigan vs. Purdue Purdue RIGHT
LITTLE CAESARS BOWL

Louisville vs. North Carolina State Louisville WRONG
BELK BOWL

Wednesday, December 28
Toledo vs. Air Force Air Force WRONG
MILITARY BOWL - PRESENTED BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN

California vs. No. 24 Texas Texas RIGHT
BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL

Thursday, December 29
Florida State vs. Notre Dame FSU RIGHT
CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL

Washington vs. No. 12 Baylor Baylor RIGHT
VALERO ALAMO BOWL

Friday, December 30
Brigham Young vs. Tulsa BYU RIGHT
BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL

Rutgers vs. Iowa State Iowa State WRONG
NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL

Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest Wake Forest WRONG
FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL

Iowa vs. No. 14 Oklahoma Oklahoma RIGHT
INSIGHT BOWL

Saturday, December 31
Texas A&M vs. Northwestern Texas A&M RIGHT
MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS

Georgia Tech vs. Utah Utah RIGHT
HYUNDAI SUN BOWL

Illinois vs. UCLA UCLA WRONG
KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL

Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt Cincinnati RIGHT
AutoZone LIBERTY BOWL

Virginia vs. No. 25 Auburn Virginia WRONG
Chick-fil-A BOWL

Monday, January 2
No. 19 Houston vs. No. 22 Penn State Houston RIGHT
TICKETCITY BOWL

No. 20 Nebraska vs. No. 9 South Carolina USC RIGHT
CAPITAL ONE BOWL

No. 17 Michigan State vs. No. 16 Georgia UGA WRONG
OUTBACK BOWL

Ohio State vs. Florida Ohio State WRONG
TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL

No. 10 Wisconsin vs. No. 5 Oregon Oregon RIGHT
ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO

No. 4 Stanford vs. No. 3 Oklahoma State Stanford WRONG
TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL

Tuesday, January 3
No. 13 Michigan vs. No. 11 Virginia Tech Virginia Tech WRONG
ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL

Wednesday, January 4
No. 23 West Virginia vs. No. 15 Clemson Clemson WRONG
DISCOVER ORANGE BOWL

Friday, January 6
No. 8 Kansas State vs. No. 6 Arkansas Arkansas RIGHT
AT&T COTTON BOWL

Saturday, January 7
Southern Methodist vs. Pittsburgh Pittsburgh WRONG
BBVA COMPASS BOWL

Sunday, January 8
Arkansas State vs. Northern Illinois N. Illinois RIGHT
GODADDY.com BOWL

Monday, January 9
No. 2 Alabama vs. No. 1 LSU LSU WRONG
ALLSTATE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The I’m just sayin… Football Prediction Record

High School: 35-12

College: 70-34

NFL: 18-11

Overall: 121-56




The I’m just sayin… Weekly Weigh-In

Greg 224

Mary Ruth 45

Susie 25

Daniel 20

No comments:

Post a Comment