Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

From all of us at I’m just sayin… to all of you, we hope you have a happy new year. May 2012 be as good to you as 2011 was to me.

We are going to have a few format changes this year. Our “Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients” section will now be at the top of our posts. Why? Because it should be… So, before we continue, let’s get to the best part of the blog (as voted on by my friend DG).

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

First Lieutenant Charles H. Clausen (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 12, 1864 at Spotsylvania, Virginia. His citation reads:

Although severely wounded, he led the regiment against the enemy, under a terrific fire, and saved a battery from capture.

Coxswain Claus Kristian Clausen (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on June 2, 1898 in Santiago de Cuba. His citation reads:

In connection with the sinking of the U.S.S. Merrimac at the entrance to the harbor of Santiago de Cuba, 2 June 1898. Despite heavy fire from the Spanish batteries, Clausen displayed extraordinary heroism throughout this operation.

Private First Class Raymond M. Clausen (US Marine Corps) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on January 31, 1970 in the Republic of Vietnam. His citation reads:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving with Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 263 during operations against enemy forces. Participating in a helicopter rescue mission to extract elements of a platoon which had inadvertently entered a minefield while attacking enemy positions, Pfc. Clausen skillfully guided the helicopter pilot to a landing in an area cleared by 1 of several mine explosions. With 11 marines wounded, 1 dead, and the remaining 8 marines holding their positions for fear of detonating other mines, Pfc. Clausen quickly leaped from the helicopter and, in the face of enemy fire, moved across the extremely hazardous mine laden area to assist in carrying casualties to the waiting helicopter and in placing them aboard. Despite the ever-present threat of further mine explosions, he continued his valiant efforts, leaving the comparatively safe area of the helicopter on 6 separate occasions to carry out his rescue efforts. On 1 occasion while he was carrying 1 of the wounded, another mine detonated, killing a corpsman and wounding 3 other men. Only when he was certain that all marines were safely aboard did he signal the pilot to lift the helicopter. By the courageous, determined and inspiring efforts in the face of the utmost danger, Pfc. Clausen upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and of the U.S. Naval Service.


We were going to have Mary Ruth’s birthday party today. I say “were” because we had to cancel it. The poor girl is sick. This seems to happen every year around her birthday. Maybe we will have some luck next year. What makes it worse is she decided this year she didn’t want any gifts… she just wanted people to bring dog food and dog toys to her party for her to take to the SPCA (cat food and cat toys were also ok). So… if you would still like to donate a bag of dog (or cat) food and/or dog (or cat) toys, just let me know and I’ll figure out how we can get it from you. When she feels better, I’m going to take her to get some dog food/toys and then take her to the SPCA so she can donate it and see the doggies.

I have a story to share with you about the WU game last night, but today isn’t the day to share it. Check back tomorrow.

Well, The Wife finally wore me down. I told her she could start looking at vans to get some prices so we could prepare to replace her van. She went to the dealership yesterday to “just look” at what they had. Before she left, I told her to have fun buying her new van. She swore she was just going to look. When I got home from the game last night, her old van and my truck were gone… and we had a new van. To be fair, I told her it would be ok to trade-in my truck (I never really drove it anymore). I have to admit… she picked a great van. Stop by our house sometime if you want to see it. For a dollar, I’ll give you a tour of it. Maybe I’ll tell you more about it later this week.


The I’m just sayin… Bible Verse of the Week

1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The I’m just sayin… College Football Playoffs (Playoffs!?) Second Round Results:

1 LSU (SEC Champion) vs. 8 Wisconsin (Big 10 winner) – I picked LSU to win this game and I was RIGHT! LSU won, 28-14.

2 Oklahoma St. (Big 12 Champion) vs. 10 Clemson (ACC winner) – I picked Clemson to win this game and I was WRONG! Oklahoma St. won, 31-17.

3 Alabama (At Large) vs. 6 Arkansas (At Large) – I picked Arkansas to win this game and I was RIGHT! Arkansas won, 42-13.

4 Stanford (At Large) vs. 12 Michigan State (Sun Belt Champion)– I picked Stanford to win this game and I was RIGHT! Stanford won, 24-22.

The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions

NFL
Pittsburgh at Cleveland – 4:15pm (CBS)– I’m picking the Steelers to win this game.

Miami vs. NY Jets – 1:00pm (CBS) – I’m picking Miami to win this game. Crazy… I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment