Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Saturday, January 21, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! :)

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Landsman Thomas E. Corcoran (US Navy) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on board the USS Cincinnati. His citation reads:

Served on board the U.S.S. Cincinnati during the attack on the Vicksburg batteries and at the time of her sinking. Engaging the enemy in a fierce battle, the Cincinnati, amidst an incessant fire of shot and shell, continued to fire her guns to the last, though so penetrated by shellfire that her fate was sealed. Serving bravely during this action, Corcoran was conspicuously cool under the fire of the enemy, never ceasing to fight until this proud ship went down, "her colors nailed to the mast."

Landsman William Corey (US Navy) received his first Medal of Honor for his actions on July 26, 1876 on board the USS Plymouth. His citation reads:

On board the U.S.S. Plymouth, Navy Yard, New York, 26 July 1876. Showing heroic conduct, Corey endeavored to save the life of one of the crew of that ship who had fallen overboard from aloft.

Captain George W. Corliss (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions during the Civil War. His citation reads:

Seized a fallen flag of the regiment, the color bearer having been killed, carried it forward in the face of a severe fire, and though himself shot down and permanently disabled, planted the staff in the earth and kept the flag flying.


I would like to take a second to thank all of you for wishing me a very HAPPY 33rd BIRTHDAY!!! Today, of course, is also Confederate General Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson’s 188th Birthday. As if that’s not enough to celebrate… Today is ALSO the 33rd Anniversary of Super Bowl XIII. All I can say is thank God the Steelers won or I would probably be a Cowboys fan right now.

When I get a chance, I’m still going to look back and see how I did prediction wise in the Bowl Games.


You know… I think I forgot to post the results of The I’m just sayin… College Football Playoffs (Playoffs!?) Championship Game:
2 Oklahoma St. (Big 12 Champion) vs. 4 Stanford (At Large) – I picked Stanford to win this game and I was WRONG! Oklahoma State won, 42-39. Congrats to Oklahoma State for winning it all.


The I’m just sayin… Kid Show of the Week

VeggieTales: This is a great Christian based cartoon which stars Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber. I am a fan of Larry, but Bob is also pretty good. The cartoon was created by Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki. It has been on TV, DVD, CD and movies. Each episode typically conveys Christian moral themes and teaches Biblical values and lessons. I’m not sure about on the TV shows, but I’m pretty sure that at the end of each video episode kids are told to, “Remember, God made you special… And He loves you very much”. There are also some pretty funny songs that the characters sing either during the episode or during an intermission between episodes. This is a great cartoon to always have on hand because it’s funny, yet also teaches a good lesson to children. Another main character (if you believe Wikipedia) is Junior Asparagus. I guess this is true, though I think if you were to ask me or MR or The Wife, we’d just say Bob and Larry. Anyway, this is a cartoon that we highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment