Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Friday, October 8, 2010

In case you missed it...

There is still time to give.

Here are some news items from the past couple of weeks that you might have missed. In the first one, we see that Duke might need to add a door answering class. Like you, I find it amazing that a former Duke basketball player (Carlos Boozer) would get hurt flopping… er, falling to the floor.

This next story, friends, shows why when it comes to hazing, you should always remember something worse can be done. Dez Bryant was too good to carry a veteran’s pads. No problem… if he doesn’t want to do that he’ll just have to take the team out to eat. The bill came to $54,896. In other news, we’re thinking of doing something like this to initiate new members to our Sunday School class.

Hey, Kobe said he could beat LeBron in one-on-one. No word yet on if LeBron thinks Kobe is racist for saying that.

The I’m just sayin... Football Predictions

Friday Night
James Island vs Summerville. I can’t remember the last time JI beat Summerville. And after what I saw last Friday from the Trojans… well, it pains me to say it but I think Summerville will take this one by 14.

Ashley Ridge vs Colleton County – I can’t get a good read on Ashley Ridge. I’m going to go with them on this one. Ashley Ridge by 3.

Fort Dorchester at Stratford – Stratford isn’t having a good year at all… I’m saying Fort Dorchester wins this by 7.

Dorman at Boiling Springs – I’ve added an Upstate game to my high school picks. I’m picking the Dorman Doormats (can’t remember their real nickname) to win this game by 7.

Saturday
#19 USC vs #1 Alabama 3:30pm (CBS) – The game many consider to be the game of the day. Here’s a not so interesting fact… I can’t say “Alabama” without saying it like Keith Jackson. Anyway, I don’t know how to call this one. Everything says the Crimson Tide should win… and yet I can’t stop thinking the Revolutionary War Heroes have a shot at home. However, some things have not happened this week that I feel would have really helped USC (you know what I’m talking about, Danny). So I’m going to say Alabama takes this one by 14 (but it will be close until the end).

Clemson at UNC 3:30pm (ABC) – Which Tigers team will show up? I’m thinking the good one. Clemson by 10.

Navy at Wake Forrest 6:30pm – I think Navy will bounce back from their upset against Air Force. Navy by 3.

CSU at Liberty 3:30pm – The Big South’s Battle of the Baptist… you can throw the record books out the window when these two programs hook up. Liberty is the heavy favorite but I have a feeling CSU is going to leave Virginia with the upset. Bucs by 7.

Sunday
Pittsburgh Off

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Private John G. K. Ayers (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863 at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."

First Lieutenant John B. Babcock (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 16, 1869 at Spring Creek, Nebraska. His citation reads:

While serving with a scouting column, this officer's troop was attacked by a vastly superior force of Indians. Advancing to high ground, he dismounted his men, remaining mounted himself to encourage them, and there fought the Indians until relieved, his horse being wounded.

Sergeant William J. Babcock (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on April 2, 1865 at Petersburg, Virginia. His citation reads:

Planted the flag upon the parapet while the enemy still occupied the line; was the first of his regiment to enter the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment