Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary, I’m just sayin...

Let me start by saying the NCIS episode last night was great!  I'm glad the new season has started!

I’m actually a little late with this, since my first post was September 17, 2009... but that’s ok, better late than never. Now would be a good time to look back over what we’ve done this past year. But before we do that, let’s look at what’s going on today. I couldn’t help but notice my fellow bloggers are talking some about how people view their favorite sports teams vs. how people view their church. “What a great subject!” I thought. “I should talk about this”... but then I realized, I already have.... twice. Welcome to the conversation, guys... like I said before, better late than never I guess. :)

So over this past year we covered every subject around. We’ve talked about church, football, baseball, Chase Towne, basketball, Winthrop, me, dogs, daughters, Susie was born, The Wife, hospitals, Baby Tres, my MBA, me, politics, Sonny, the Medal of Honor, Doubting Teri, MaMa, me, Labor Day, and much, much more. To steal an idea from KC, I will now post some stats from this little experiment of mine...

How Did This Get Started?

1st Post – September 17, 2009
Patrick Swayze, President Obama, and the media

Number of Posts?

177

Longest Streak

52

Most Read Posts (Top 5)

1. Reactions.... (28)
2. I am HIGHLY OFFENDED... (19)
3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANSLEY!!!!!!!! (17)
4. Somebody said football, so I come running... (14)
5. Update from me.... (13)

Top Referrers

Jenn Williams’ Blog

Google

KC’s Blog

Top Keywords

blogspot greg horres
Mambypambyland

Pageviews By Country
I can only assume some of you have been traveling more than you have told me...

United States (1,239)
Canada (36)
Denmark (31)
Luxembourg (14)
China (12)
United Kingdom (11) – my friend Kurt? Thomas? The Queen?
Netherlands (5)
Russia (5) – KGB?
Bulgaria (4)
Latvia (3) – I’m sorry... I have no idea where this is. Someone send me a map.

We need to get word to South America, Africa, and Australia!!!!!!! I would rock in Australia!

Pageviews By Browsers

Internet Explorer (793 - 53%) – Thank you Bill Gates
FireFox (318 - 21%) - Haters
Opera (169 - 11%) – Is this what Oprah uses to read this site?
Safari (156 - 10%)
Java (23 - 1%)
Chrome (12 - <1%)

Operating System

Windows (1,108 - 80%)
MacIntosh (139 - 10%)
Blackberry (90 - 6%)
iPad (17 – 1%)
Other (23 - 3%)

My Favorite Posts

An open letter to Trident Medical Center
BREAKING NEWS!!!! A Message from The Wife
Hate what is evil...
Until we meet again, my dear sweet friend
Funeral Talk
A word to the church
My Funeral....Let’s set a record!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANSLEY!!!!!!!
Reactions....
Story Time
Friends
Happy Birthday Austin!!!!!!!
And still champion of the backyard...
Happy Birthday MaMa!!!!!!!!

I could name about 100 more, but I’ll stop there.

My favorite Non-I’m just sayin... Posts
You Heard It Hear First – Boom Goes The Dynomite
Time Machine
Friends, Boundaries and Other Thoughts
Shout Out - That’s right... it’s about me. Don’t judge me! :)
In Need of Nutrition
Wisdom is a test
I Need a Place to Hide
Rejection
43
5 Year Anniversary
Uhhh, Kevin You’ve Got A Problem
Why Worship?

Know Your Medal of Honor Recipients:

Sergeant Lester Archer (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on September 29, 1864 at Fort Harrison, Virginia. His citation reads:

Gallantry in placing the colors of his regiment on the fort.

Corporal William Archinal (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863 at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."

Private Clinton L. Armstrong (US Army) received his Medal of Honor for his actions on May 22, 1863 at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads:

Gallantry in the charge of the "volunteer storming party."

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary I'm Just Sayin! Thought of you when reading Don Miller's blog today - it's about humility, I'll let you read it and decide for yourself why you came to mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post on his blog was GREAT! I loved it. I'm guessing the first sentence is what made you think of me. ;)

    For any of you reading these comments who want to know what we're talking about, go here:
    http://donmilleris.com/2010/09/22/incredible-thoughts-on-humility/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st Anniversary...I should get you a gift but that would start a precedence and then you would have to start getting me gifts and the whole thing gets complicated.

    Thanks for the shout outs and for continuing to drive traffic to my blog. I am pretty sure that if I had ads that I would now have about $.26 in earnings and 90% of that would be because of you.

    I read all your posts because I always laugh. I read a bunch of other blogs and don't laugh.

    Don't worry about South Africa, I've got that one covered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, KC. Good call on the gift thing... it would just get to be too much.

    I send people to your blog because it cracks me up and I love reading it. I send people to Jenn's blog in hopes that it will get me (and them... but mainly me) into heaven. No pressure, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete