Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Weekend....

For the record, I had a BLAST this past Saturday floating down the Edisto River (made famous in the Mark Twain classic, Huckleberry Finn). Of course, I didn’t have nearly as much fun as I would have had The Wife been with me but that goes without saying. Friends, if you get a chance to float down the Edisto with a large group of friends... DO IT! I’m not kidding, it was great. And if you’re going to do it, do it right. I’m talking about having PBR & Beef Jerky. I don’t know if it was because of where we were or if it was just an over exposure to the sun... but PBR & Beef Jerky has never tasted as good as it did that day. I am happy to report we did not see any snakes, alligators, or rednecks (haha... just kidding, we saw a lot of rednecks... and let’s be honest, I already told you what I was eating and drinking, so don’t think I’m judging anyone... but we didn’t see any log wielding rednecks). I have a lot of great stories from this trip... however, due to a confidentiality agreement I signed at the beginning of the day, I will not be able to share any of the stories until July 3, 2015. I do have pictures that I might post on here when I get a chance.

I also had a great time at the pool party we went to on Sunday (hosted by Jeremy and Rebecca). I’ve had to miss this party the past few years because of my fireworks job with Sonny. I’m glad I was able to make it this year. Perhaps the best part of the weekend is that I got to spend a good amount of time Saturday and Sunday with my former rival-now-new buddy Adrian (which might not sound like much to you, but not since Magic and Bird have two people been involved in such a heated rivalry only to later become such good friends). I even helped her bake a tomato pie for dinner Saturday night. So thank you to all of my friends for making last weekend great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment