Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Monday, April 26, 2010

Thoughts while feeding “fish” over at Our Life

My friend KC added “fish” to his blog (Our Life) and I wasted about an hour today feeding them. As if I needed something else to distract me...

Since we last spoke, the Vet has confirmed that Scooby does indeed have a broken toe. The Vet also said if it doesn’t heal, there is a chance they will have to remove the toe. How cool is THAT?! Friends, don’t get me wrong... I don’t want Scooby to be hurt. I don’t want him to lose his toe. But if he does lose his toe, I want to either put it on my key chain or wear it around my neck as a good luck charm. Really, I feel bad for him... but this hasn’t done anything to slow him down. I’ve got to give him credit for that.

As you know, I played in the JSL Golf Tournament this past weekend. I am happy to report that my team did not come in last place. We shot an 81 and I know of at least one team that shot an 87. I will be on the golf course again this Saturday in the Bethany UMC Golf Tournament.

The Steelers had a good draft. The players they drafted included:

Maurkice Pouncey (C/G, Flordia)
Jason Worilds (OLB, Va Tech)
Emmanuel Sanders (WR, SMU)
Thaddeus Gibson (OLB, Ohio State)
Chris Scott (OT, Tennessee)
Crezdon Butler (CB, Clemson)
Stevenson Sylvester (LB, Utah)
Jonathan Dwyer (RB, Ga Tech)
Antonio Brown (WR, Central Michigan)
Doug Worthington (DL, Ohio State)

The Steelers also added seven rookie free agents:

Dorrian Brooks (OG, James Madison)
Da’Mon Cromartie-Smith (S, UTEP)
Kyle Jolly (OT, UNC)
Demetrius Taylor (FB, Va Tech)
Cordarrow Thompson (DT, Va Tech)
Justin Thornton (S, Kansas)
AJ Trump (C/G, Miami)

As mentioned, Crezdon Butler from Clemson was taken by the Steelers (in the 5th round). Other Tigers taken in the draft were CJ Spiller (by the Bills with the #9 pick in the first round), Jacoby Ford (Raiders, 4th round), Ricky Sapp (Eagles, 5th round), Kavell Conner (Colts, 7th round).

The South Carolina Gamecocks had Eric Norwood (Panthers, 4th round) and Clifton Geathers (Browns, 6th round) drafted.

Cleveland Cavs Update: The Cavs lead the Bulls 3-1 in the first round of the NBA playoffs. Game 5 is tomorrow night in Cleveland.

James Island Trojans Update: JI plays Summerville tonight at 7:00. Go TROJANS!

No comments:

Post a Comment