Disclaimer

If you do not know me (I mean, really know me) then there is something you need to understand before you read this blog: I value the truth above everything else... except a good laugh. A good laugh will almost always beat the truth as far as I’m concerned. Everything you read on this blog will be true, somewhat true, or something I made up in an effort to get a laugh. Sometimes I will go on a rant that I don’t really mean (or only kind of mean). Sometimes I will mean what I write only to completely change my mind a year, month, or day later. Such is life. By reading this blog you agree not to get offended by anything I write (or, at the very least, you agree not to tell me or anyone else that you are offended). It is worth noting that my employer does not endorse my blog (or even read it, to tell you the truth). The Wife also does not endorse my blog (though she will read it from time to time). I am not paid to write this... it’s just my way of giving back to the community. I have, and will, touch on a wide range of subjects and will give my opinion on these subjects. Again, most of what I say is for laughs but every now and then I will say what I really think and feel (see my views on Westboro Baptist Cult). How will you know when I’m serious and when I’m trying to get a laugh? You’ll know. And if you don’t know, well... maybe this isn’t the best thing for you to be reading. So, sit back, read and enjoy. Leave comments if you want and don’t be afraid to publicly follow me.



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Thinkings...

I would like to start by thanking The Wife and my good friends Ross and Jenn for meeting me for lunch last Wednesday. I was in the mood to eat lunch with a large group of my friends and these are the people that showed up.

I like to listen to the radio and my mp3 player while at work because it helps to drown out the noise of co-workers talking to me. The two radio shows I like are the Tony Kornheiser Show (out of D.C.) and Primetime with the Packman (out of Charlotte). Both are great shows. As I said before, when I’m not listening to the radio, I listen to my mp3 player. It strikes me as odd the range of music I have on there. Just today I went from Tobymac to Starship to Elton John to NWA (the original version) to Brad Paisley to LL Cool J to Bon Jovi to Run DMC to Waylon Jennings to Van Halen (the original version) to Young MC to The Beatles and on and on.... Usually I go through phases where I’ll listen to Christian music or Rock or Rap/Hip-Hop or Country, but sometimes I’ll listen to all of them back to back.

I read a column in the editorial section of the paper the other day talking about the First Amendment. The writer of this column thinks that protests at military funerals shouldn’t be protected under the First Amendment. It seems that this is going to be decided by the Supreme Court this year (I think). As someone in the media, I am a big fan of the protections we are given under the First Amendment. As a human, I think that people who protest at funerals should be shot on site. Honestly, you don’t have to shoot all of them… just shoot a couple and that should do the job. I don’t care who is protesting or what they are protesting… if it’s a funeral, and they protest, they should be shot (or at the very least, shot at). We should have a law that says people at a funeral can shoot anyone who is protesting at the funeral without getting in trouble. That would probably be enough to keep protesters away. Listen, it’s not that I’m against protesting, but really… at a funeral? Just because the person is in the military? It just doesn’t make sense.



Chase Towne Update: (from his parents) Chase continues to improve each day. His stamina is better each day and he started climbing again over the weekend so his abdomen must be feeling a little better. The incision from the surgery is pretty well healed. Chase will report to clinic on Wednesday for a check up and then a visit to the surgeon for a post-op check-up. The time home has been good for everyone. Olivia takes good care of her brother. Chase and Olivia are good healing for their parents as well. Olivia told us last night she "was so excited everyone was home for the weekend." Thank you for the continued support and prayers for our Miracle Baby. Please pray for continued recovery and "uneventful" doctor visits on Wednesday! Thank You!

Cleveland Cavs Update: With a record of 52-15, the Cavs are the best team in the Eastern Conference... and really all of the NBA.

James Island Trojans Update: After a week off, the James Island baseball team was back in action as they went on the road to destroy West Ashley 11-4. The win brought the Trojans record to 6-0. JI will face Colleton County at home on Wednesday (7pm game time).

Winthrop Eagles Update: Winthrop will play in the Opening Round game of the NCAA Tournament tonight night against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. 7:30 on ESPN. GO EAGLES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment